free website stats program New exhaust, New vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New exhaust, New vibration

Now that I have the problem resolved at least temporarily, I went searching, knowing that there are floorbaord relocation kits that are designed to move the floorboards out away from the bike. Right now, it doesn't look very clean because I essentially have 5 washers being used to move out the floorboard. I found that Kuryakyn has a kit (part# 450) that does exactly what I need; it moves the floorboards out 3/4". The interesting thing about this kit is that the bolts that come with it are Stainless.

Stainless is about the strength of a grade 2 bolt. The fact that Kuryakyn is using stainless, I have to think that the worry about the bolts I'm using today may not be an issue.

So the bottom line on this is that V&H has a bit of a design flaw, at least as far as on my year/model. I did contact them about the vibration issue and mentioned the fact that there was contact between the pipe and floorboard mount. Their response did not address the contact issue, they simply explained that adding performance enhancing product may make the engine react differently. I'll surely let them know what I've found and that they have an issue. There is very little room for adjustment of the heat shields and I adjusted them to their extents to resolve this with no luck.

I do have to say though, that I am LOVING the pipes. They look great, sound great, and have increased my performance. This is a minor issue in the big scheme of things.

Back