free website stats program New detachable fairing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New detachable fairing

Very nice addition to your Road King. A question I have are those 4 speakers in the picture below?
Yes.It came with 4 Jensen marine grade speakers,& a Jensen marine grade stereo.They do have an upgrade on stereo or speakers or both for extra $$.I stayed with the original stereo because it has the aux plug in front for my ipod.the stereo sounds great btw.

I also have a question does it come with handle bar mounted radio controls
Unfortunately, no.The stereo does come Sirius ready,& also has a remote control adapter(if I worded that right )plug on back to plug in an aftermarket handlebar control.

FWIW.I'm not affiliated with the company in any way.Just happy with a new addition to the Roadking,& thought I'd pass a good deal along.I won't post the link,but they do have a lot of customer pics sent in for different models.
The site is for Wideopencustoms.

Yes it does.You tell them what model bike you have so they can send the right mount kit with it.Slides on & off just like the windshield.One tip if you do buy one..put the mount brackets on & "test fit" it on your bike before you send it to paint.The hardest part was mounting the windshield to the fairing(which was not hard at all.)Took about 2 hours to assemble after I got it back from paint.Piece of cake:s

:newsmile07: I just put a fairing on my 97 road king, Did you have any issues with noise in sound system from charging system. Mine has bad noise. I have checked and moved ground wires. replaced rca cables with shielded cables. installed noise suppressor in positive connection. I am frustrated with my sound system. Any suggestions

looks good! just like a street glide. Thats what I love about HD. it just takes a little money and anyone can change the style of their bike!

Student of the Hog,I don't have any issues with noise in the sound system other than what my wife calls the noise I listen to.I know you said you checked the ground,but that would have been my first guess.All I have regarding power for the radio is red to the battery & black to ground(frame).Good luck.

Thanks Marcus22!

Back