New camper

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Mavagrand, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Bought a 2015 Keystone Laredo 299BH. It is 32ft long and weighs 6800lbs. I'm towing it with my 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Tows great. Only down side, it isn't a toy hauler so have to leave the scoot at home. What do you guys think? Any campers out there?

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Very nice, last weekend while I was fueling up a pickup and a pretty good size camper pulled in with a Harley on a trailer behind the camper. Must be legal here in Colorado.

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I have a caravan it is our word for camper this side of the pond but at only 16ft body it is a wee bit shorter than yours I got mine in 1993 and have pulled it across half of Europe although it has not moved since I got the first Harley as I prefer to use the bike on journeys and the children have out grown that type of vacation

Brian

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I can tell you first hand that after the last 2 camping trips and renting a similar camper that was already set up at campground I am willing to bet that you are going to have a great time no matter rain or shine. What you need is a jazzed up golf cart to put in the bed of the truck and drive around camp ground. I was amazed at the money some of spend on those carts..... And when you get tired of towing the trailer you can always set it up in a permanent camp site at your favorite camp ground.:s

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Very cool, looks like Salt Springs will be a good trip in February with your new toy:s

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I have a hammock, rain fly, bug net and insulation for the season. It all fits in a back pack. Different camping for sure but I can have my bike with me! :D

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Very nice Mavagrand,

As Jack said, Salt Springs would be a great trip for your toy.:D

8. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing, Jack. Keep me posted on the details.

9. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

My feelings too, Bo however, the wife wants comfort so comfort it is.

10. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Indeed!:s