free website stats program Need some advice... | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some advice...

dagodfathr

Account Removed
Looking to buy my first Harley. Looking at a 2007 Road King Classic with 17,000 miles. Great condition, some mods (both backrests, some chrome, pipes and intake). Bike is at a dealer. I just don't want to overspend. What price do you think I'm looking at? Should I try to get a warranty if there isn't a current one? Bike is currently 14,000. Thanks.

Here's a listing of Road Kings that did and did not sell on Ebay, gives you an idea of options, mileage and condition. Sale prices on ebay are usually less than
off a dealers floor.Completed Items Search

Last edited:
Do your research like Bodeen said. The Extended Service Plan or ESP is a must have. There are some who never had their bike in the shop but it has saved me far more in repairs than i payed for the plan.

my friend just bought an 04 Screamin eagle duece from a dodge dealer. His bank initially approved him for the loan at 12% interest. (He shopped around) The dealership gave him financing at 3%...big difference. If the RK your looking at is listed at 14000, you should get it for about 12500. They probably paid about 10000 for it as a trade in or a buyback. test ride it, if it feels good, buy it. take a friend with you who also knows bikes...

Think about what you're going to pay for it, who's going to finance you and at what rate and always take someone else with you who knows as much as you if not more to play a little devils advocate with you. Nothing worse than finding THE bike you want a day or two after you've bough something else.
Ebay and craigs list can give you a good idea of whats out there and what people want for them.
Good luck.

My personal experience with the Extended Service Plan was money thrown away. It always seemed like any problem I had was not covered. I swore I'd never pay money for another ESP!

I would like to see a list of what was not covered.
I have use the HD extended warranty and was surprised at some of the stuff they did cover and at how many miles

I don't know much about them, but I do remember a post on this forum where the Extended warranty did not cover broken IDS (rubber mounted sprocket) bolts.

I don't know much about them also, but I remember a post just a couple of months ago where the auto chain tensioner in the primary (late model 96") was not covered. Dealership claimed it was a normal wear/tear item and would not cover it. That to me is wrong. I was more upset than the OP of the thread and it cost him like $95.

Back