free website stats program Need advice on lifters | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need advice on lifters

Those are the ones. Sold to me by the dealer.

I understand that. I am not saying they are the wrong ones. I am questioning how the top end of the engine will now get oil. You should be asking that same question. There may be a Very simple answer, but I would be asking the dealer this exact question. He should not try to make you feel foolish. It is a very good question.

Bottom Line. Based on my '09 Dyna, solid pushrods would destroy my engines top end.

Why won't the same happen to yours. I am just trying to learn new things like everyone else.

I really hope so, bike is at the dyno right now.....keeping my fingers crossed, when I get it back I'll be pulling them to make sure....

OK, good. I think the next time you have them out of the engine, you will find that there is an oil channel through the center of the rods.

TQ

I sure wish they would have said that on the PDF file you posted. So they are really not solid or at least how I view solid. Ok that sounds good.

I know on cages, if the pushrods are solid (and some are pure "Drill Rod" solid) the oiling system is done through the rocker arm shaft. But there is never both, that is hollow pushrods and rocker arm shaft galleries.

I may be wrong, but if there was no lubrication getting to the top end the engine would already be trashed. If not it will never make it throgh the DYNO. If you are concerned about them being defective, I would check prior to the DYNO.

It is also recommended to blow some brake cleaner through the new push rods and blow compressed air to remove manufacturing sludge. I have also had the jam nut back off and later found it to be cracked, I have read on another forum of a few of these jam nuts cracking and breaking.
kemo

Got bike back from dyno, pulled pushrods.....whew......small oil hole.........

Glad everything worked out with a Happy ending. It's Great you get back with important follow up information. For me it mentally closes out the thread and strengthens the database for the next guy..

So many just leave you hanging with not knowing what really fixed it.

Tks!

Back