free website stats program Need advice--Bike hit by a vehicle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need advice--Bike hit by a vehicle

Get it estimated by your local H D dealer and use HD replacement parts all on the dime of the one that hit you dont settle for less even if you have to get your agent involved

Bikes are pretty "fragile" when hit at an angle. And some H-D designs are more forgiving than others. If you had spoked wheels or had a springer front end that was "knudged" the damage can be very severe...!

Best to have the alignment and bent hardware checked...what may seem as minor damage can be mighty significant.

Get it estimated by your local H D dealer and use HD replacement parts all on the dime of the one that hit you dont settle for less even if you have to get your agent involved

I agree all the way. I could let a little slide if it was my truck but my Harley is a different story!

I've stayed off this thread as you were getting some sound advice and I didn't just want to sound like an echo. Here is the problem as I see it. You sound like a fair and resonable guy and don't want to stir things up unless you have too. Having to return the bars to a stright position tells me that something in the front end ie. forks, neck bearings, frame or a combo of any and all got moved. You really need to have the whole bike checked out, this means even the rear swing arm and shocks could be bent, you might also have a bent rim. Please make sure you think of yourself and your loveones first. You can be a nice guy and still take care of business.

NO CONTEST!!!get it fixed properly,thats what insurance is all about.Your life depends on this being done right.

Thanks for all the experience and posts. We will work it out. Both military so it will not be an issue getting things done. I will get HD to look it over. Funny how one dealership states it is free for a look over and another in the same area charges 220 dollars just for an estimate. Will let you know how it turns out. Dealership automatically states the tire should be replaced due to being a tube tire. Just want to get it done so I can get back on the road. Funny how I thought about it that morning if I wanted to ride or not. God does know every single thing in our lives and once again everything that happens is meant for some reason. Thanks to all for your help.

Military or not, I'd call my own insurance... just to cover yourself. Won't echo all the remarks made... I agree with all of them.

...CALL INSURANCE CO.. I dont know what elce to say.....I hope you get the bike fixed wright....Be safe..:bigsmiley23:

I've stayed off this thread as you were getting some sound advice and I didn't just want to sound like an echo. ... .... ... You sound like a fair and resonable guy and don't want to stir things up unless you have too. ... ... .... You really need to have the whole bike checked out, ... ... ... ... Please make sure you think of yourself and your loveones first. You can be a nice guy and still take care of business.

Military or not, I'd call my own insurance... just to cover yourself. Won't echo all the remarks made... I agree with all of them.

I saw this thread late, +1 on all the previous replies. Don't let time go by, it might work against you. Besides if an accident report has been filed the guys insurance company will already know about it. His premium could go up regardless. Get the bike completely checked over and give the dealer all information. If the guy gave you all his insurance information (which should have transpired reqardless) I would call them too. You can give the guy the option of paying later but don't take YOUR options away by waiting.

Back