free website stats program NASCAR racing!! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

NASCAR racing!!

Sorry... I only watch racing where they turn left AND right...

I am with you SledDog, visited GP races at Sears Point in the late 80's and Laguna Seca in the early 90's. Favorite memory was watching Kenny Roberts and Freddie Spencer dicing at 150 mph, banging elbows and knees in the corners, drafting in the straights with front wheel two inches off the ground and dust hitting you in the stands with 2 stroke fumes in the air. :newsmile071:

Got to see Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey and Kevin Schwantz as they throttle steered the 500cc 300 lb 200HP motorcycles on "skinny" tires around the race tracks sideways over bumps and hairpins with only piled sandbags and steel armoco railing separating the track from the runoff areas, and where the machine and the rider skills contributed in equal measure who would win the race. That is the essense of two wheeled racing! :bigsmiley24:

I especially miss the 2 race final, where the winner had to be in the top 3 or so, so he finished 2nd or 3rd in the 1st race and was 1st in the 2nd he could walk away with the win and the points. Most races nowadays have only one premier race on Sunday and it's not the same, though the rider speeds and technology has improved. I used to ride up for the Sunday race only, but now that it is only one, seems hardly worth it and my gal does not go with me anymore.:newsmile038:

Carl Edwards #99 all the way!!!!!!! I am a die hard Ford fan
I like Carl Edwards myself and I am a Ford man too, but I stopped watching Nascar when Toyota started racing. I use to visit about four tracks a year and watch almost every race.. I do still check out the Daytona 500, but that is about it.

I'm a big Jimmie Johnson #48 fan. Woo Hoo.........Go Jimmie Go! He came in 2nd last week. Hubby is a Jr fan. But we root for all the hendrick boys.:D
Only watch the races on tv. Never been to an actual race. Dont like crowds.

I've always been a Bill Elliott fan. I also love watching the old races that were on espn and tnn from the 70's and 80's and early 90's. I think I liked Bill because he was a ford driver for a lot of years and my dad raced a ford on the dirt track outside of Liberal, KS. I pull for Kasey Kahne now, since he took over for Bill, but still cheer when Bill puts the Wood Bros. in a race in that famous 21. Would like to Mark Martin finally win a championship after being second so many times.

Tony Stewart is my favorite drive, but now I have alot of stuff with duct tape that sais Joey on it.
I still route for Tony to win.
Mike Waltrip is fun to watch in or out of a car.
Do not care for Jr at all (sorry). I think he is over rated and can always find someone else to blame.
Been to Dover 6 times (1 mile oval), Pocano twice (2.5 mile trioval). What a differance in tracks.

Can't see any point to it, just a lot of left turns.

They do make a lot of right turns twice a season, at Sonoma and Watkins Glenn. I personally think they should put the track in Canada and Mexico that the Nationwide Series goes to on the Cup Schedule.

I have been a Matt Kenseth fan since he filled in for Bill Elliot at Dover and finished 6th.
Races I have been to
Daytona 500 10 times
July Daytona 12 times
Atlanta 5 times
Darlington 3 times
Taladega 5 times
richmond 1 time
Bristol 3 times.

I was at the raceat Daytona when Dale Sr. finaaly won and sadly at the race when he passed away.

interesting to see interest in NASCAR going down with changes like
Toyota and the COT.

I still am a Sr. fan, try to get behind junior, but it seems
he just doesnt have what it takes.

Been rooting for Smoke since he started, and this year is looking good :)

Going to a race is on the bucket list; Bristol if I can choose :)

Just thought I would throw this out there,

Michael Waltrip involved in accident with a Harley...

Michael Waltrip involved in accident | Charlotte News, Weather, Sports | WCNC.com | Top Stories

Last edited by a moderator:
Back