free website stats program My first fall | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My first fall

Glad to here youre alright.We've all been there as you stated "not if but when".Fix up the bike and jump back on.If youre looking for a few pointers Id suggest an advanced moto course on your own bike.

Glad your ok ! that 2' rasberry is nothing compared to the road pizza those guys wearing shorts and flip flops will have.

I'm glad you're ok too. Let us know what you learned after studying the pictures and thinking about it a bit.

Thank God you are here to tell us about it. Maybe some others will learn. I know folks look at me funny, especially some of the other bikers, when they see me in the 95+ degree temps with a jacket (mesh) on, as well as boots, gloves and helmet. Better safer than.................. I do wish I could ride in shorts and t-shirt though.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. I would like to post a picture of my skid perhaps we have a safty officer out there that could read what I did and did not do right. I can not figure out how to attach the it.

Dave, you are indeed fortunate to have gotten through what sounds like a first experience with road rash and foot damage. I have not suffered road rash or broken any bones, but my first "tip over" was when I put my foot down in anti-freeze puddle from car up ahead. It was on the tires and my left boot just slid out at the stop light fortuantely not moving forward at the time. Mend well and thank your lucky stars...

Steve has you covered regarding the posting of pictures...make sure to size pix to 800 x 600 pixels or less to make it post easier and conserve forum space. Photobucket is a nice utility. Also...Gliders Spellcheck program works nicely when posting threads. Just go to the tabs near the top of this webpage and use search engine or self help tabs. :D

Dave,
Thank you so much for the post, and I'm glad to hear that you and your bike only suffered minor damages. Heal up fast and may your lucky star be with you all the times.

I am a new rider myself and you all know the excitement of taking your new bike out for a ride after you got your permit, insurance, helmet, gloves..etc. While the weather is hot, it's very tempting to ride without protective jacket and heavy boots. This very post is a reminder for me and all of us to take riding seriously. I'll never ride without protective gears again and riding course will be taken asap.

Thanks again for the post.

JT

Wow!! So glad you only got a broken foot and road rash out of the deal. Could have been so much worse.

Back