free website stats program My first fall | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My first fall

I dropped my sportster after hitting sand and was highsided. The first body part to hit the ground was by head, I was wearing a full faced helmet, joe rocket "Hard Drive" jacket, HD engineer boots.

The only injury I sustained was my left knee, I was wearing jeans total roadrash!

Glad to here you're OK. Anytime you can walk (or even limp) away is a good thing.

We lost 2 bikers (that I've heard of) in the last 2 weeks. One riding in Drumheller , Alberta with his wife. Passing a semi in the right turn lane, the semi turned right in to them, didn't signal. He was run over and his wife lost both legs.
2nd here in southern Manitoba got t-boned by a 79 yr old in a half ton. Charges are pending so I suspect the old guy drove through a stop sign.

Dave,
I am sorry to hear about your accident. I praise the Lord for protecting you and my prayers will be with you as you heal from your injuries. I ride in a busy city and I see several bikers riding without any protection. In the military, we are required to wear a helmet, full fingered gloves, long sleeve shirt (no protection) and over the ankle boots. I went down one time and my steel toe boots saved me from injury during my accident. I am also thankful you do not have much damage to your ride.

Thanks for all the comments. I emailed a picture of my skid to an AZ DPS officer who is a motorcycle officer trainer. He is going to give me his thoughts about what I should have done and what he thinks happened. I will try to post it.

I had the same problem with the passenger floorboards hitting me in the rear of the legs and I replaced them with the chrome peg mounts from the street glide, end of problem.

14.jpg

glad you're here to tell about it , could have been much worse.
theres two kinds of bikers. those who have fallen and those who are going to. be glad thats over with ;-)

Back