free website stats program My Dynabeads experiance | Harley Davidson Forums

My Dynabeads experiance

Redfish-Joe

Ok guys don't shoot the messenger. The is my results of using Dynabeads.

Now I always keep an eye on my tire pressure and I don't ride easy buy I don't bang the gears either.

2008 Road Glide
Rear tire Standard Dunlop 402 Mu85-16---18,983 miles .
Front tire Standard Dunlop 402 MT90-16---23,200 miles just at 3/32 thread left.

Did Dynabeads help? Can't really say for sure but you can be sure they went back in.

Thanks for the info Joe, I've been walking the line on Dyna Beads and just got my application approved by them to become a dealer, think I'll give them a try, all the input I have gotten from riders has been positive:) I don't see how they can help tire wear that much? But it can't hurt to try them.

My brother has run them in his last two bikes. He swears by them. Joe, you doubled your tire life, I normally have went through two sets by that mileage. gotta get new tires may just go with dyna beads.

I don't see how they can help tire wear that much? .

Same here for me Chopper..

I have seen the demo's using see-through imbalanced 'tires'. The issues I see with them is the imbalance you have prior to the beads spreading out within the tire. Each time you stop and start you must go through that phase of bead separation. If that happened by 5 mph it would be great. But I believe it happens much further up the mph scale.

I don't see how they can help tire wear that much? But it can't hurt to try them.

I would think the IDS and proper inflation played the largest part but $5.00 worth of "snake oil" didn't seem to hurt either.:D

I used the Dyna Beads before, the only bad thing about them is that they are a little hard to get into the inner tube and wheel. Also remember you have to use the valve insert they send you I believe, I might be wrong about that but I remember changing mine out.

If you run dynabeads, make sure when you check your air pressure that the valve stem is at or near to the bottom of the wheel and tap it a couple of times prior to putting the gauge on it. Otherwise, you could get one of the beads stuck in the schrader valve and the result is getting to sit there and watch your tire go flat. This happened to me in NY last year and I wound up getting a tow to the nearest dealer to get a new valve. I now carry one as a spare as well as a tool, and am scrupulous about making sure I tap the valve stem with it pointing up prior to checking my tire pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I have and do use the dynabeads, and I believe they do a better job of balancing the tires and increase tire wear. If you run regular weights and throw one, you will be running an unbalanced tire for some time until you notice and correct, with the result probably being a scalloped tire. With the dynabeads, this is a non-issue.

Hats off to you on the rear tire wear I swear by dunlop normal mileage on touring bike is 12-14K average on current RG is 13,333 with 45K on it now fronts go about 27,500.

Could have gotten more out of the front but I am looking at about 7k on our trip and it wouldn't have made it back home.

Just a question,,, what did the dyna beads look like after running them for that duration?? Were they still the same size or did they start to grind themselves down?? Ive been kicking this idea back a forth on using the dyna beads. But have heard pros and cons,, I guess just like anything else. Thanks

Back