free website stats program My bike build..in progress | Harley Davidson Forums

My bike build..in progress

fpd4308

Well this is my first time building a bike but I figured what the heck. I got this thing from a guy who bought it new in 96. He put 450 miles on it and then took it apart to be powder coated...well 14 years later, and without ever being powder coated, I bought it as a kinda rolling frame and about a truckload of parts in boxes still with 450 miles on it. It is a softtail with a 1996 FXSTC 80ci Evo. In these pictures it is up to the last few things (it would be done if I hadnt sheared off the clutch adjuster bolt, now I have to wait 5-7 more days). All that is left is mounting the pipes and putting the primary back together. Cant wait to see how it runs after 14 years of being disassembled.

51610.jpg

motor.jpg

Front_end.jpg

Taillight.jpg

Nice looking. It's hard to tell from the pix, what is the rake on that frontend?

Nice looking. It's hard to tell from the pix, what is the rake on that frontend?

I honestly dont know and I havent had a chance to do the math yet.

From my very ruff calculations the rake is a little over 30 degrees and the trail is a little over 5"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey 4308 very sharp indeed. I love the color and the over all look. Be proud of what you have done. Keep the wheels down and enjoy.

Thank you all...I am very excited to start it....as soon as my clutch adjustment bolt gets here...in 5-7 days.

Back