free website stats program Motorcycles plus computers? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycles plus computers?

+1 on the iPhone. It has EVERYTHING that I need unless I need the laptop for work. I just purchased the mounting hardware from RAM Mounts (will be receiving it tomorrow) and plan on doing more with it since it has the GPS, maps, mp3 player, etc... It will make it much handier then toting the laptop.

The larger laptop I have carried for a long time also make two trips to Iraq and is till ticking has been replaced with a small 10.1 inch Acer. We will see how this thing does on the bike.
This thread must have put a bug in my head I was at Staple yesterday they had thing little net book just sitting there so I decided to to try it.
I know the toughest notebook is the tough book for the Army I have seem them thing blow up and still work but they cost to much for the real world.

If it is the same ones we use in the Air Force they are not that bad. They are the Panasonic metal cased Toughbooks (around $3500) cheaper if you buy in bulk.

I take my 15" Apple MacBookPro on longer trips. I book accomodation, check weather and plan my route on Google Maps. I have even blogged my ride as I go. Can't ride 24/7.
I use a Pelican case.

I've always heard good things about that brand name. Do you think it'll hold up to the vibrations of the road and bike?

I am self employed and my Dell D630 notebook is my entire office. In it's case it fits perfect in my rear tour-pack. I work on the road a lot so I take it with me everywhere.

I have a 10 inch Dell I use for travel and it fits into the saddle bag or tour pack nicely. I make sure it is padded wherever it is packed so vibration isn't an issue and the bags and tour pack are rain proof so there isn't any problem there.

I have to be honest though, if I'm not traveling for work, the computer stays at home.

Back