free website stats program Motorcycles plus computers? | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycles plus computers?

cyberfish2

How many of you take a computer along on your motorcycle rides? What do you take, and how well does it hold up to the vibration? Horror stories? Rain dammage?
I got a 10 inch Acer notebook computer to travel, but haven't tried it out on the bike yet. These days, I like to motel it over campgrounds, and most places have free WiFi.

I like mine in the tour pack on a long or overnight ride. It's a better "tool" for me than my cell phone, and there's so many fast food places with free wifi.

I use to take my laptop just about every time I went on a trip. But, now unless it's a long road trip, the iPhone works just fine. I can take pics, watch movies, email, check my messages at work or at home, get files or what-ever, do my banking, pay bills, find rooms/gas/eats and the list goes on... you get the drift. And, even make a phone call once in a while. :D
Ugly John

I have a 17'' HP laptop with a turbo stick and a mini printer that I take everywhere with me.I also have a Blackberry,I like the computer better.

I never leave home without my Mac Laptop.... check the weather and map my next day plus email and all the other good stuff !!

Took my 15 inch HP laptop with me on my 2 week trip to Sturgis this year. Packed it against one of the walls of my T-Bag with the screen facing inwards. Didn't have any problems and loved being able to read my e-mail and HD Talking on the road. A smaller laptop would have been more convenient but I don't have the money to buy one and will probably take the 15 incher again next year.

On my touring bike, took laptop in padded case and bungee'd to the luggage rack out back or the empty pillion when commuting.

Haven't had the need to take it on the Harley, since I no longer work in "field service" and office is now my Engineering lab of sorts.

I have aq ASUS Eee PC that I carry on my long rides. It has a solid state hard drive in it, so no vibration worries. It has been over 14K miles already this year, and I am typing on it right now.

And, even make a phone call once in a while. :D
Ugly John

Almost the same story as Ugly John but mine is a BlackBerry and I can even read HDTimeline and respond to messages as I am currently doing now from this small but powerful device.

No HD Talking withdrawal symptoms for this biker.

Very funny Ugly John! :D

I would never entertain the idea of taking my laptop with me on a bike trip. I take a trip to get away from the everyday rat race. I do take the bike to work on occasion and throw the laptop in the saddle bag or trunk, laptop is in a backpack.

Like The Tank, I have a BlackBerry and that is all I need.

Back