free website stats program Motorcycle Hillclimbs | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Hillclimbs

PetieJ

Many years past, when I was riding a Triumph, we attended a hillclimb in West Virginia several times and I thought to myself, those guys have gotta be crazy.
But I have to admit that it did look like fun.
The thought had just crossed my mind about the hillclimb thing again and I went looking on the net for videos and found this one, 1930 Bike Hillclimb.
Check it out. These guys are in their Sunday clothes going up a hill or trying to.
Bobbers take note, these bikes would be keepers now days.
Enjoy

I was lucky enough to attend the 'Widowmaker' hill climb in Utah in the early 80's. What a rush that was.....:cheers......and one HUGE party!

Way back in the early 70's we had some nice hill climbs. Use to have a Yamaha 250 which run in dirt pretty good. Now, well to old to try that anymore. All my rides are down hill from here and on pavement. I'd try it again, but not with my FatBob :p

They still have a pretty big hill climb in Oregonia, Ohio. Someday I will actually make it out to see it. :D It's the Devil's Staircase Hillclimb.

In his younger years ,my father-in-law was a hillclimber,he had a whole room of trophys.Now that they have passed away we have all the old albums.I will try to post a few pics of some of the climbs:D

In his younger years ,my father-in-law was a hillclimber,he had a whole room of trophys.Now that they have passed away we have all the old albums.I will try to post a few pics of some of the climbs:D

What bike did he use to grab all those trophys SteveO?

Man I work with some times does the hill climbs he been doing it for years.
He spends a lot of time with his doctor and friends at the hospital

Been there Smitty. To old to try that hill jumping now. Used to have a Yamaha 250, first bike, 16 years old. Use to try and jump anything that was standing still. Now it's my Harley and crus'in on pavement.

lastscan5.jpg

They still have the hillclimbs every year at Laconia. this year they will be on Tuesday at the Gunstock ski area in Gilford.

I like to watch the ATVs, when the bikes fall they usually flop a few times like a dead fish then stop. The last time I was there one of the ATVs flipped over and chased the rider all the way to the bottom. No matter which way he went the ATV followed him, just rolling and tumbling.

Back