free website stats program Motorcycle camping tents | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle camping tents

I use the same tent for my motorcycle that I use when backpacking since I have the same concerns both times... small, light, sturdy, and reliable. I have a Mountain Hardware tent... really fits the bill for me. Of course, that's just IMHO, YMMV. Other tents that I've seen and liked over the years on backpacking trips with the Boy Scouts include REI, and Big Agnus (carried by REI). Included links... however, just a warning, none of my suggestions are even close to inexpensive. Of course, I've had my Mountain Hardware tent for 12 years without a single issue or problem. Have taken it all through Canada, the Rockies, Philmont Scout Ranch, even to Iceland and Europe.

Mountain Hardwear | Best Tents, Camping, Expedition, Backpacking Tents
Tents and Shelters
Big Agnes : Tents

I totally agree. I also have a mountain hardware tent for backpacking and riding and it packs down small, sets up easy and is very durable. They are spendy though.

When we go on a bike trip and decide to camp we go to Walmart and buy the $100 kit it includes 2 fold up chairs a 3 man tent with canopy and a small Hibatchi,when we are done with it we just leave it at the campground for someone else.

Other then that this is my idea of camping,

tn818s3.jpg
Had to be our top drawer Steve-O who would come up with the ultimate trailer rig. :small3d031:Figured a guy who knows trailers would never settle for a tiny carry on tent even with the H-D Ultra motorcycle "Land Yacht":lolrolling

Back when gas was 30 cents a gallon I saw my Dad make a can of beer ice cold using gasoline and a large coffee can. We were camped in the desert and it was very hot that night. He put the beer in the coffee can, then poured in gas to about half an inch under the top rim of the beer. The gas quickly evaporated and he poured the beer into a glass. It sure did improve his mood!

These days using dry ice would be cheaper but you need an air tight container for it to really last long. For best results start with beer that is super cold. I usually just wrap the picnic ice chest lid with duct tape, if you have an insulated bag, you could put it in a plastic trash bag and seal it completely with duct tape.

I always bring whisky on every camping trip for emergency medicinal purposes but it always get used.

i use sierra designs tent. pricey but with lifetime warrenty , good stuff. also soft side ice chest, california inovations, 3 sided. it folds up flat. 12$ internet. you didn't ask, but thermarest sleeping pads are great also..............bw

i use sierra designs tent. pricey but with lifetime warrenty , good stuff. also soft side ice chest, california inovations, 3 sided. it folds up flat. 12$ internet. you didn't ask, but thermarest sleeping pads are great also..............bw

right there with ya bw - Had an issue with my 25 y/o fly sheet on my Sierra Designs tent - was so old they couldn't fix but gave me 45% off a new tent. This was just a few weeks ago. Was watching a PBS special last week of some guy up in Alaska chasing down and filming bears. He was using a Sierra Designs tent. Good equip.

And I still am using my 25y/o thermarest pad. They make much nicer ones now, but I still get my zzzz's with that pad.

And fwiw, Cascade makes a killer fluffy, firm, compacting pillow. Best $30 you can spend on camping gear.

I know you asked about a tent, but something that works really well is to buy a military poncho run a line between two trees drape the poncho over it and stake down the corners, really saves a lot of space, keeps you dry, and if looking at keeping your canned or bottled drinks cool if no stream is nearby, take a clean sock soak it with water, put your drink in it and bury the sock in the ground overnight and the next morning you will have a nice refreshing cool drink when you dig it up.

Back