free website stats program Motorcycle camping tents | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle camping tents

I use the same tent for my motorcycle that I use when backpacking since I have the same concerns both times... small, light, sturdy, and reliable. I have a Mountain Hardware tent... really fits the bill for me. Of course, that's just IMHO, YMMV. Other tents that I've seen and liked over the years on backpacking trips with the Boy Scouts include REI, and Big Agnus (carried by REI). Included links... however, just a warning, none of my suggestions are even close to inexpensive. Of course, I've had my Mountain Hardware tent for 12 years without a single issue or problem. Have taken it all through Canada, the Rockies, Philmont Scout Ranch, even to Iceland and Europe.

Mountain Hardwear | Best Tents, Camping, Expedition, Backpacking Tents
Tents and Shelters
Big Agnes : Tents

Almost forgot to mention Hiltons Tent City in Boston Great prices.
Google them you will find everything you could want there and altough I love REI not even close price wise. Also forgot to mention Timberline 2 ranks among one of the top selling 2men tents of all time. Simple and rugged. Light and easy to set up and pack.

This was us packed for a two week trip last summer. 3 man tent on bars, air mattress and pump in saddle bags, sleeping bags on saddle bags. The rest of the space in the saddle bags was filled with misc. stuff. The cammo bag on the luggage rack is a roll up water proof bag that we keep our clean clothes in.

This year everything will fit in the saddle bags because we are doing the biker friendly Best Western camping!

Attachments

• Copy of DSCN0482.JPG
    Copy of DSCN0482.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 54
This year everything will fit in the saddle bags because we are doing the biker friendly Best Western camping![/QUOTE]

That is where we usually end up too:D You should see the looks we get when we set the tent up in the room :newsmile100:

It seems the older I get the more I dislike sleeping on the ground and Best Western seems to want our business and have nothing but good to say about staying there so far.......

I have tried camping with the 2 of us in a 2 man tent we lasted 1 night just not enough room we had been away for a bit over a week and were on the return journey and had planned to camp for 4 nights as we were only 100 miles from home went home and got a larger tent now we just take the larger tent

Brian

This year everything will fit in the saddle bags because we are doing the biker friendly Best Western camping!

That is where we usually end up too:D You should see the looks we get when we set the tent up in the room :newsmile100:

It seems the older I get the more I dislike sleeping on the ground and Best Western seems to want our business and have nothing but good to say about staying there so far.......[/QUOTE]

this sounds like my style

We camp hit and miss a night or two at a time. But In December when our vacation get approved, I go on line and book rooms about 3-400 miles apart and pay then (or set aside the money. It is WELL worth it!

That Eureka is looking pretty good. I have another eureka tent that has always served me well. Price is pretty nice too.

i use a wal-mart tent. oh and if you are going to bring an air matress dont forget the batt. operated air pump. it takes a lot longer:D

I do the cheapo Walmart tents too. I figure if something happens I can toss it and only out $25. But if there are two in the tent it has to be a 3 man tent! Also, Sleeping bags are cool but sheets and blankets are better. More wiggle room...

Back