free website stats program Most embarrasing biker moment. | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most embarrasing biker moment.

mine would be leading a charity run for autism in atlantic city, me n the wife in front of some 300 bikes, had to stop for a draw bridge, i stopped, forgot to put my feet down and laid the bike over.
bunch of peeps came runnin to help cuz i did not get up right away, cuz i was layin on the ground laughing like a manical clown.

its still talked about when i see certain people

Happened many years ago but still sticks in my memory.
WE had had a few toddies and I came out climbed on my old Triumph jumped up on the kickstart and promptly fell on the ground,:17: me and the bike. Sure made everyone around me laugh.:lolrolling
Lesson learned leave the drinks alone if you are going to ride.

WoW there are so many. The best one required the "A" word to make it sound like the way it happen so I would get the famous red marks. However I was 58 never been on a Motorcycle in my life. Was told hey if ya can ride a bike ya can ride a motorcycle...well that ain't quiet right:( had the Bike 5 minutes . Was just delivered. So grandpa's gonna show off. Started the bike went up a hill headed for a ditch and dropped her. First thought was I just made a 18,000 dollar mistake. My wife pleading to all that witnessed this fine event to please don't say a word. The other was we were at a rally, and just finished are volunteering to help at the rally. So we were all rushing out to go for dinner at Texas Roadhouse.. Just then my wife tapped my shoulder so i took off. Problem was she wasn't on the Bike like I had thought. Everyone was yell hey Dan you forgot something..i looked back and seen my wife standing in the parking lot. See wasn't smiling at the time. So like any cool guy i had to think of something quick so i yelled at her why she get off the bike...well she wasn't at all amused!. God i loved to tell ya about a ski mask incedent but it would be riddled with red marks.

Was so excited about my 10 FLSTC stage 1 upgrade (VH BSS, SERT) that I rode about 50 miles with the dealer service tag taped on the headlight.

Two most embarrassing moments on one trip/ride... For the ten years I lived in Hawaii, I took two weeks in Summer off to ride on the mainland in search of wide open spaces. Solo alone time for me and lots of miles. My second trip was to CA and I rented a Road King (carb) in L.A. and headed up over the Grapevine. Couldn't figure out why I ran out of gas coming down the other side... until I realized I had ridden hard up the mountain with the choke out completely. Thank God for the reserve... and that I was the only one aware of my mistake... unless you consider what my exhaust must've looked like at 85mph fully choked... (at least it was a rental)

2nd embarrassing moment was pulling up to the lodge at Yosemite and dropping said Road King on its right side right in front of the door... no excuse, just dropped it. That one hurt my pride more than anything, but I was able to impress some folks by lifting it myself, not that that really helped any.

I had to help a friend push start his kz 1100. the only problem was that it was in a traffic jam right in front of on outside bar. at least 100 people watched our failed attempts. after about 10 minutes of thinking of how we were going to get out of the embarressement, he tried the electric start and it started like there was no problem in the first place. the bike never gave us a problem again and its been three years.

another sporster moment lol riding with afew buddies down 495 to cape cod , we get to our exit and i go to downshift lol nope the shifters gone fell off somewhere . clippd a small vice grip on and shifted carefuly ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

another sporster moment lol riding with afew buddies down 495 to cape cod , we get to our exit and i go to downshift lol nope the shifters gone fell off somewhere . clippd a small vice grip on and shifted carefuly ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

had something similar,... two bikes headin south on 95 for daytona.
The other rider motioned he needed gas. Approaching the exit, I went to down shift. No shifter, toe or heel! Those and the shaft were gone. After rigging it at the gas station and hearing my bro laughin at me and the scoot. We headed to a HD dealership. All of a sudden he pulled over. His volt gauge was reading 8.5 volts. We made it to the dealership. My cost was $160.00. His cost was $800.00. I laughed till my jaw hurt!

had something similar,... two bikes headin south on 95 for daytona.
The other rider motioned he needed gas. Approaching the exit, I went to down shift. No shifter, toe or heel! Those and the shaft were gone. After rigging it at the gas station and hearing my bro laughin at me and the scoot. We headed to a HD dealership. All of a sudden he pulled over. His volt gauge was reading 8.5 volts. We made it to the dealership. My cost was $160.00. His cost was $800.00. I laughed till my jaw hurt!

guta love poetic justice lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Back