free website stats program Most embarrasing biker moment. | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most embarrasing biker moment.

One was taking off and forgetting to put the kickstand up. Took a second or two to figure out why I couldn't lean left for the curve......

Another was trying to act "cool" going into the turnaround that goes under the highway bridge. Misjudged the speed, looked down at the curb, and went right where I was looking. Rode up over the curb, onto a paved area between the turnaround and oncoming traffic. Never lost it, but it sure was embarrassing.

Now, I'll tell on my wife. (Sometimes, I like to live dangerously, and she isn't here right now. :D )

We had stopped for gas and a stretch on a fine Sunday afternoon. While stopped, another couple pulled up to the pumps, both riding solo. We had a nice chat before deciding to ride on. My wife, being the impatient one, jumped on and started across the parking lot. She got to the driveway entrance at which point she began to fall over in slow motion. She was so embarrassed that she just lay there until myself and the other guy we had just met came over to lift the bike up. Nothing hurt but her pride.

When I got my new HD, she inherited my Honda. The first time we went for a ride, she was backing the bike down the driveway, misjudged where she was, and over went the bike. Because it was on a downhill slope, it rolled so far that the wheels were pointing skyward.

Then there was the time we went to one of the demo days at the local dealer, where there's a very active Hog group that was running everything. After riding a couple of the smaller bikes, she decided she needed to ride the SE Ultra. Things were fine until she got back to the parking lot and.....you guessed it; over it went. Needless to say, our "demo day" came to an end.

Then there was the time........

Daytona, 2009. Luckily NOT durning Bike Week and a couple thousand witnesses. Me and about 20 or so friends rode down to Main Street for a friends birthday. Riding 2 by 2 with a bit of an offset for safety, me on the inside of the lane. Our fearless leader had passed the establishment we were supposed to stop at and he decided to do a u turn in an intersection. Like a bunch of dummies, we all followed. Now I never really realized just how narrow Main Street Daytona was untill I tried to do that u turn from the inside of the lane. (Kind of like trying to do a u turn in the width of one lane). 3/4 through the turn I knew I was going to do a cur-BING! Split second decision! Wheel chair ramp onto the sidewalk and ride off the other side. Embarrising but a good save, yes? NOT! Seeing the angle I would drop off the other side possibly dumping the bike in front the those who were following me I jammed on the brakes to come to a complete stop on the sidewalk. Whew! I missed the light pole,didn't do any damage, didn't fall off the curb in front of anybody, didn't get run over and only damaged my ego. Right? Wrong! Forgot to put my feet down, dumped the bike onto the side walk. Great! I managed to jump off without getting trapped under the bike but stood up and turned only to find fuel leaking out from under the gas cap because the bike was teatering over further than normal balancing on the foot peg that didn't fold up. What's the odds? Gotta love my friends for being concerned over if I was ok and trying to ease my embarrisment by letting me know I'm not the first person to drop their ride but "forget about me, help me get the bike up because there's fuel running out!" 3 guys help and a serious adreline rush later, each of the 20 or so friends had to assure, (aka heckle) me about my encounter with a wheel chair ramp.

Gotta love my friends.

ugggh,!!!

just had one this morning!!

stopped for gas, same place, same pump i stop every morning.

sitting next to me is Uber Hot Mommy in her escalade, i'm talking

heather locklear, christie brinkley prime years hot here, she's checkin me out,

or the bike, i look over, give the "yea im game" look, i say something stoopit,

she smiles, then starts cracking up, im like, how rude, yea, well, she seen the gas overflowin outa my tank and all over my jeans.

i had visions of going home as a fiery comet.

ugggh,!!!

just had one this morning!!

stopped for gas, same place, same pump i stop every morning.

sitting next to me is Uber Hot Mommy in her escalade, i'm talking

heather locklear, christie brinkley prime years hot here, she's checkin me out,

or the bike, i look over, give the "yea im game" look, i say something stoopit,

she smiles, then starts cracking up, im like, how rude, yea, well, she seen the gas overflowin outa my tank and all over my jeans.

i had visions of going home as a fiery comet.

Now that's funny :lolrolling

I dropped mine backing out of a shop one day after getting a tire put on.All the guys were in the shop and no one saw it .... I THOUGHT... I found out later they were looking out a side window having a good laugh.

Back