free website stats program More Gandalf than Hobbit! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

More Gandalf than Hobbit!

Lucky guy Cedarbrooke.
Cheers Hobbit

You said it:D. Hobbit is a very generous and big hearted brother.

The pipes look great and, to me, are just the sound I was looking for - a strong throaty growl but not over the top loud. The acceleration across the range is better too, but most usefully at low speed and revs. My gas consumption has risen quite a bit and the fuel light is coming on a lot earlier now so I'm going to adjust the TFi tomorrow to see if I can improve it.

I owe Hobbit a whole lot - I hope I'll be able to reciprocate in some way at some stage.

I'll put a new avatar on once I get my camera back (it's on a school trip in Iceland until tomorrow).

I'm pretty sure it'll climb hills a lot better also
sorry a lot of steep inclines round here and thats the measure for me of the bikes performance (how well it gets up them)

Brian

I'm pretty sure it'll climb hills a lot better also
sorry a lot of steep inclines round here and thats the measure for me of the bikes performance (how well it gets up them)

Brian

The Cotswolds start just up the road from my house witha very steep couple of miles climb onto the plateau. The bike eats that hill. Eats it and wants more.

That sounds like a happy man

Brian

Ooooh yes indeed. Having a sunny bank holiday weekend too so getting to ride it a lot. Tomorrow I'm going to spend some time adjusting the TFi and seeing if I can get the petrol consumption back in line. Obviously I'm going to have put a lot of miles on her tomorrow while checking my work. :D
Hope it's sunny up north too.

Always a need for a good test ride
i think that motorcycles have crawled under your skin and are starting to take you over
its not a bad place to be but happend to me in 1976 and although ive had many fine bikes along the way they all broke one way or another and making them good again makes the bond even stronger
i think you have landed on your feet finding this site and the people on it are the most helpfull ive seen in true biker spirit we are together as one

Brian

Very incisive and true.
This site is a gem and the people on it are great bunch. Riding a motorbike gets inside you and the road keeps calling.:D

Back