More Gandalf than Hobbit!

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by cedarbrook63, May 20, 2009.

1. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Today, I rode my tame new XL883 the 60 or so miles up the road toward Birmingham where I met with this forum's only European moderator - the one and only Hobbit.

We'd got talking on this site over the last few months since I joined as we're in the same neck of the woods and Hobbit's always been a big fan of the Sporty line.

Today Hobbit went to work on my Sporty and installed SEII slip ons, a Million Mile air cleaner and the TFi which I imported from the US (unfortunately I didn't realize site members could get 10% off so I hadn't mentioned I was a member :small3d023:).

Hobbit epitomized the generosity of spirit that typifies this site giving his time and even some hardware to turn my bike into a whole different experience. The sound for a start! It's got a real Harley gutsy roar now but it's not obnoxiously loud - it even saved me from some hard braking when rolling the throttle at a junction on the way back got the attention of an elderly driver before she pulled out without seeing me :s. The most noticeable performance change is the extra torque at low revs - it's a significant improvement.

I went to a rider's nite pub meet tonight - a lot of bikes there and my sporty got a lot of flattering comments and appreciation.

The smile stretched across my face from the 110 miles I've done since Hobbit performed his magic is still there even though I have unwillingly surrendered the seat of my bike for my sofa - until tomorrow morning that is....:D:D

Thanks Hobbit - and it's all true - his Street Bob 103 is complete monster:D

2. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to hear it all went well for you

Brian

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Just don't fall for any wagers with Hobbit, he'll take your money for sure. :D

4. cedarbrook63

Having held on for dear life to the mini-apes of that 103 animal - my money's staying quiet in my pocket!:D:D

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Let's just say that I read and don't always comment :lolrolling

6. cedarbrook63

It's true then......All seeing, All knowing....:D:D:D

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

I'll take the fifth there :D

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

9. T wrecks

T wrecks Junior Member

Are you serious Hobbit...:naughty.....glider is HAL???? If I recollect, HAL was quite evil, whereas our glider is helpful and thoughtful....:lolrolling

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

I'm glad you clarified that "T" :D