free website stats program Missing Mandible? | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing Mandible?

Randall K. Wilson

I've noticed at the HD shops and in their catalog, a growing presense of Skulls. ie Leather jackets, Belts, Clothing, Chromed accessories etc.
Having no desire for anything even minutely related to a ghastly, grim, ghoulish, grisy, or macabre theme...I'm going to pass on any skullish agendas and endeavors. However I can't help but to wonder...what is it with the missing mandible?:dknow For a skull to be a real deal skull it should have a mandible...complete with a full lower teeth etc. (a gold tooth or two would be allowable). I know anatomically, the mandible is NOT part of the skull, as the skull supports the mandible...but, as I have said before, a skull minus a mandible just lacks class, hence for the most part looks incomplete, and in some ways kind of dumb. With all of that being said....

The price of all these HD skull/mandible deleted items, imho, should be lovered by at least 1/3rd. :newsmile093: Let's face it, without a mandible you are only getting 2/3rds of a skull. Hence thats really not fair.:small3d002:

good point,i must ask my dealer for a refund then-since i've bought most of them for my nighty :x < look a complete one :p

I thought the whole skull thing was based on an old comic book or cartoon of some type - The Punisher. Maybe that's the way it looked and HD can't change it due to copyright issues or something.

That's what you get from Harley because that's what Willie G. likes. Simple as that. I'm not a big fan of it either, but I do like skulls, and you can find different on aftermarket items.

Harley sells the mandible's separately... another way they stick it up your (EDIT:newsmile055:)!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok OK wait..where have I been ...coz I have no clue what a mandible is????:newsmile038:

umm, its the lower part of your jaw, holds your lower teeth,
and the bone that stretches from your teeth,
up to just below your ear.

if you ever look, the Harley skull has no lower teeth, or jaw, for that matter.

umm, its the lower part of your jaw, holds your lower teeth,
and the bone that stretches from your teeth,
up to just below your ear.

if you ever look, the Harley skull has no lower teeth, or jaw, for that matter.

No Lower Teeth...guess I ain't got no mandible either...coz I ain't got no lower teeth to call my own...ya know I got the ones that are like stars...."They Come Out At Night":dknow

No Lower Teeth...guess I ain't got no mandible either...coz I ain't got no lower teeth to call my own...ya know I got the ones that are like stars...."They Come Out At Night":dknow

Alrighty...then you would look more like this:
:good
Skull.gif

No, Fourdogs you have a mandible, (and some dogs also I assume), it is just that your mandible is not adorned...embellished with teeth, such as the above image. If you didn't have a mandible I doubt seriously if your loved ones would let you venture out of the house.:nosad

Folks as far as a skull image goes...they are better with teeth, but please at least don't leave off the mandible.:yes

*Source* of above image:
1916 Indiana Dental College Yearbook
Artist: Paul Weir D.D.S.
A 1916 graduate of the school.

Back