free website stats program Michelin commander II | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Michelin commander II

Hope it does as well for you. I should qualify the mileage in that I used every bit of tire wear available. Cords were showing in two or three spots when it came off. I clearly rode that tire too far.

I'll let you know after I wear out the commander and buy the E 3 and then wear that out. :)
WAP.gif

I put the C-II on my '05 FLTR in April 2012.....Rear tire got replaced @ 15,000 miles... I could have gone further, but decided to switch before a long trip

Over 100k on this bike I've tried a few tires... this is MY experience.. as they say YOUR miles may vary.... I'm reporting, not debating.

OEM Dunlop 402 Replaced @ 8k
Metzler Marathon (old style) gone @ 8K
Dunlop Elite-3.... 12-14k on a rear..
Michelin Commander II 15k on the rear with rubber left

I've put the C-II on my wife's bike.... and am now on my second C-II set.
I have promoted the Dunlop Elite-3 for the past 5 years... wonderful tire... good grip, and long lasting..... but the Commander II is just a better tire.. not perfect....but a little better

If you buy a C-II you will like them... I've only read a few bad reviews, and hundreds of good reviews.
One warning... avoid the Commander (first seris) good OEM replacement but they are NOT the Commander-II...

I put the C-II on my '05 FLTR in April 2012.....Rear tire got replaced @ 15,000 miles... I could have gone further, but decided to switch before a long trip

Over 100k on this bike I've tried a few tires... this is MY experience.. as they say YOUR miles may vary.... I'm reporting, not debating.

OEM Dunlop 402 Replaced @ 8k
Metzler Marathon (old style) gone @ 8K
Dunlop Elite-3.... 12-14k on a rear..
Michelin Commander II 15k on the rear with rubber left

I've put the C-II on my wife's bike.... and am now on my second C-II set.
I have promoted the Dunlop Elite-3 for the past 5 years... wonderful tire... good grip, and long lasting..... but the Commander II is just a better tire.. not perfect....but a little better

If you buy a C-II you will like them... I've only read a few bad reviews, and hundreds of good reviews.
One warning... avoid the Commander (first seris) good OEM replacement but they are NOT the Commander-II...

If I have the same results, I'll be a happy camper.
WAP.gif

I just passed 10,000 on a front and rear Commander II on my '02 883 Hugger. They look like they should easily go another 10,000 or so. I'm thrilled with them so far.

I have a OEM Dunlop on the rear of my 11 RG with a hair over 20k on it. I ride 2 up alot and use Dyna Beads. Got a Michelin in the shop waiting to be put on. Time will tell about the mileage I get out of the Mich.

I just mounted my CII and I'll say it was the most difficult tire I ever mounted. I have mounted dozens of tires in my shop and this one took some extra help. Anyway, it's done and now time to count the miles.:D

8,600 front and rear replaced the MichelinII's, the front started to get wavy at the tread pattern both sides of center. A noticeable wobble on slow turns and a shake at faster turns. The developed a lumpier spot left of center causing a throbbing hop causing a definite fork wobble when lifting my hands slightly off the bars.
I noted the past 3 Dunlap sets mileage were between 8 & 10,000 but with out the cupping. Went with the American Elite on the rear after I replaced the front with a new Michelin, I am now going to change out the new Michelin front with the American Elite Dunlap.
I do very little highway riding.
Al

This comes at a good time. I have been wondering about experience with the MCII after 10,000 miles or so. The wear reports are good, but no one mentions anything about the tires starting to "track" after a while. Do they remain free of the tracking noticed by so many after their other brand tires have 5,000 to 10,000 miles on them?

The EIIIs wear well, my first rear one had 18,000 miles on it when a nail got it. The remaining tread at that time was 5/32. The rear starts with 11/32. I believe it would have neared the 30,000 mark the way I ride. The EIIIs ran about 10,000 miles before they began to track and seemed to be similar to the D402s for tracking after that, but the wear was remarkable. Replaced that rear EIII with another one and am still happy with it.

Back