Members Input Needed

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by glider, Mar 24, 2009.

?

Leave posts open or close them.

1. Leave them open only if it is an important issue otherwise close them.

40.5%
  2. Close them, I'm tired of reading replies that don't pertain any more.

44.6%
  3. Makes no difference either way.

13.5%
  4. You mods need the exercise reading all the posts anyway.

1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glider

glider Veteran Member

Now's the time to cast your vote here.

We have had some posts on the forum that started off as a problem either with a bike or sometimes with the dealer and eventually were resolved to the customers satisfaction without a doubt.

What we are asking is your opinion by voting whether these threads should remain open after the issue was resolved or be closed once most opinions have been expressed being they keep popping up after the problem had been solved with a reply that really doesn't pertain to the issue any longer being it has been resolved.

We have had some members that reply to the thread after reading the thread starter (post #1) without following through to see what the outcome was if any and if it was settled or not.

Tell us if they should stay open or be closed.

Thanks

Your opinions count.:s

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Dont know if mine costs as a Mod but closed

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Everyone has a vote :D

4. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Richard i think this would pertain more to say like the thread witht he fat bob that died out of the showroom .. it has all ready been repalced and people are still saying they wouldnt take it and hope it gets replaced ...

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Every persons circumstances are different when it comes to a problem or dealers and I don't agree with your way of thinking or reasoning here. Different bike/dealer/problem/owner.
    I think they should start their own thread to avoid the confusion that arises when someone posts their problem in another members post.

Exactly!

6. KingHeritage

KingHeritage Junior Member

I would like to see them stay open.I do read the posts through to see if the problem was resolved.Sometimes,when I can,I even try to help.To me,HDTalking is like an encyclopedia that keeps growing and the information found here should always be available.JMO

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

That's pretty much the sum of it, once the problem has been remedied, the replies that are posted like in the thread mentioned by Bud. The poster got a new bike and there are comments like" I think you should take it back and get a new one" still being posted in the thread.

8. KingHeritage

KingHeritage Junior Member

If someone has a problem as mentioned by Bud above where only 1 in 1000 of us have that problem,and it has been resolved,then that thread should be closed.Threads pertaining to problems that are more common should stay open.I hope that's understandable!

9. TXMikey

TXMikey Junior Member

I agree with Hobbit, there's often a lot of good info in the threads.

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

Just for the record, the post will remain on the forum as a "read only" post but you cannot reply to it.

I hope that clarifies it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.