free website stats program melted rain pants on exhaust...? | Harley Davidson Forums

melted rain pants on exhaust...?

bcortani

Hi, as the title said, I just recently left a big patch of my rain pants on my brand new Rush exhaust. happened while I was fueling up after a great long ride, can't believe it happened, didn't catch it until home...it was dark. So, now it is dry and cooled, how is best way to remove that hard melted substance with out scratching up the chrome? Any chemical or paint thinner solutions out there? Please help. :panic

Thanks Tank, I knew I had read that thread before, some good options to try, will post when I get er done.

Some of the posts reccomend fine steel wool, I do not like the idea of using any abrasive.
Had the very same problem and used an oven spray cleaner sprayed into a cup and then applied with a brush, the melted rainsuit came off very easily, give it a shot, you will like it, and the pipes were cold.

Now that it's happened, get yourself a chunk of leather and glue it to your inside right pant leg. Did the same thing so now I don't worry about the pant touching the exhaust because I just know it'll happen again:newsmile03:.

My solution was to cut the leg off a pair of old black jeans. I sewed elastic in the narrow end and put split and a snap in the big end. I just slide the elastic over my calf and snap it over my boot.
rainsuitlegshield.jpg
[/IMG]

Goo Gone or oven cleaner like the above posters have said. Do not use any abrasive liquid or powders or fine steel wool.

Back