free website stats program Mean looking Tourer | Harley Davidson Forums

Mean looking Tourer

VERY mean machine indeed! Really looks nice if a "mean tourer" is what you're looking for....in fact, it's spot-on!

For myself, too much black there. I like COLOR, and if I ever do get a custom paint job again, it's Candy Apple colors in multi-hues mixed with big and heavy metal-flake all over the place, like the paint on the old "Rat-Fink" stuff, for anybody old enough to remember that!

Ignorance and not Youth, I fear, is my excuse for not understanding the "Rat-Fink" reference but I know what you mean about colours.

My Harley is black and I've always liked black in vehicles BUT the more I see of the beautiful bikes I see on this forum, the more I agree with you about how good strong colours can look on our bikes. Candy Apple sounds very interesting - I'll get Googling and see if I can get a visual handle on it :D.

I predicted a factory, Night Glide version of the FLHX but it didn't happen for 2010. Maybe next year?

VERY mean machine indeed! Really looks nice if a "mean tourer" is what you're looking for....in fact, it's spot-on!

For myself, too much black there. I like COLOR, and if I ever do get a custom paint job again, it's Candy Apple colors in multi-hues mixed with big and heavy metal-flake all over the place, like the paint on the old "Rat-Fink" stuff, for anybody old enough to remember that!

Im not that old but i know the rat fink Stuff .. retro seems to be making a come back .. king of like the von dutch stuff

I predicted a factory, Night Glide version of the FLHX but it didn't happen for 2010. Maybe next year?

I think your right

Last edited:
Oh,I remember rat fink very well. He was a colorful fellow alright. Lime green,beer belly,blood shot eyes,short pointed teeth...........no wait,that was the guy at Longhorn's the other night :D

Wow...Ratfink+Surfboard+Woody = SoCal...way back when...! Though I am not from "here" (then), I guess I have to admit I am old enough to remember all that the first time around. Today, probably still make do without the floral patterns and hang ten rage...but hey, in the land of sun and beaches, maybe black really is the best of ALL colors combined OR not...

Back