free website stats program Made in America! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Made in America!

Got my American built Pitbull lift a couple of weeks ago and guess what, it has a Chineese jack on it. I contacted Tony at Pitbull and mentioned about the jack on a premium priced lift and he said there is not any American built jacks available or affordable
Ken

Right on geezer. When I buy something I'm looking for quality and if we don't make it here I have no problem going across the border or over sea's to buy it. When you say American interests I think of corporations not working class Americans. I sell car air fresheners in my motorcycle shop, why? Because they were one of the few USA made products offered in my supply catalog from Mustang besides seats, most of their biker essentials products are imports including their chaps. It's getting harder everyday to find USA made stuff to sell at my shop and when I do it cost so much more my customers are not willing to pay it. So you're right, making stuff in Canada and inporting it does help American interests. LOL
PS: The USA made air fresheners still stink :)

Definately the other side of the coin, and I completely agree, there has to be the quality and pride evident in the product first, I wouldn't buy an inferior product just because it was "Made In America". Chopper has a good point, and as a businessman he knows first hand, it is harder to find [quality] USA stuff. This trend is certainly not about boycotting anything or anybody.

Sorry SledDod, didn't mean to go political on you.

Sure hope your comment wasn't perceived as being political, I didn't see it that way, just a good healthy balance of viewpoints.

Sorry SledDog, didn't mean to be political. I just thought I'd wave the Canadian flag for a bit. :lolrolling

Also not percieved as political, it was a good opportunity to open the discussion up further to consider a broader spectrum of view. It seemes we have matured greatly as a forum and can have a dialouge such as this without it deteriorating (however, SledDog, your words of wisdom and guidance are well taken and appreciated).

p.s. wave away, it's a beautiful flag!

Last edited:
It's getting harder everyday to find USA made stuff to sell at my shop and when I do it cost so much more my customers are not willing to pay it.

This is something I was thinking about before I actually read Choppers post. How much more are people really willing to pay for a product made in the U.S.? Assuming the quality of the US product is at least as good or better than a foreign made product. Say the foreign product was $50, but the US equivalent was $55 or $60, would you pay the difference for made in America?

It's a noble cause to say , Only buy American
Price, Price, Price is going to be the fly in the ointment.
I hear people say ; It's a shame all the Mom and Pop hardware stores went out of business. The reason why is when someone needs one 50 cent nut they go to Mom and Pop, But when they need 100 nuts, Then It's off to Home Depot and get them for 35 cents each.
Pogo's Famous line; We have met the enemy and it is us.

Wally World has run more American made business out of this country than anyone!!! I don't think Sam wanted it like this.

Back