free website stats program Lowering a Road Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering a Road Glide

I don't think my 2009 ROad Glide has the same shocks as the Street Glide. I believe the Street Glide has the low profile (3/4" lower shocks). Anybody know for sure cause I'm about to buy the the low profile rear shocks. How do you measure the lenght of the shocks??

Also, I tried the Progressive 412 rear shocks (12.5") on my 09 Road Glide and they were terrible. Bottomed out on any setting I tried (I weigh 180 lbs). Sent back to Progressive for testing and they said they were OK. Not for me!! They would put stiffer springs for $30 but my thinking is if I already set them to the stiffest setting and the still bottomed out, why would stiffer springs do any good. I told them to send them back and I will sell them!! Not happy with the Progressive people!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the ones I am going to get. 20% off sale at local dealer this weekend! Then may do the front later after trying the rear only!

That's the ones I am going to get. 20% off sale at local dealer this weekend! Then may do the front later after trying the rear only!

It will not lower a 2009 Road Glide.....See note on application listing.

dbmg,
I have the RG FLTR ! What are FLTRX and FLTRSE3???

I can not find a definitive answer on FLTRX. I suspect that is the designation for the new style 2009 Road Glide that is based on the FLHX with a Road Glide fairing. This model has the lower shocks already. FLTRX = Road Glide custom. FLTRSE3 = Screaming Eagle Road Glide. The older Road Glides 2008 and back were built on the Electra Glide chassis and can be lowered. Just trying to prevent purchasing same shock that you already have...
Click on link and enter your VIN and see what comes up: Harley Davidson Community

I appreciate your help. I tried to research the designations. Seems to me like the FLTRX is for the 2010 and up Road Glides and do have low profile shocks. But the 2009s I am pretty sure are not lowered. I will find out Sat from dealer. I will be sure that they are returnable if they are the same. I will do the VIN thing. Thanks

Back