free website stats program Lost cigarette lighter | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost cigarette lighter

firerider

I have lost or misplaced my cigarette lighter that is on the left side of my faring. I would like to replace it not so much for the occasional cigar but to keep moisture & rust out of the socket. My search of the internet has been unsucessful so far. Where can I find a replacement?:33:

I have not checked but mine looks like a standard size socket. Have you tried an auto parts store or Walmart?

I have not checked but mine looks like a standard size socket. Have you tried an auto parts store or Walmart?

Don I read some where the amp draw is different on the automotive lighter. Could be wrong. If it ain't true you can't put it on the internet. Right?? :lolrolling

I don't smoke so found this little LED flashlight online & it's a great little thing to have plugged-in. You can't have enough flashlights, especially when down @ night on side of the road.

turbo

they are the same as in a car or truck. just go to the wally world and get you a new one, or the junk yard and get one from a wrecked car. heck just steal the one from your wife's car.

they are the same as in a car or truck. just go to the wally world and get you a new one, or the junk yard and get one from a wrecked car. heck just steal the one from your wife's car.

Only problem with stealing it from your wife's car is that the newer cars don't even have cigarette lighters in them. Or ashtrays. My owners manual says not to plug anything into the lighter socket other than a lighter. I thought it would be a great place for charging my phone if needed, but the manual says overheating can result. I guess I could plug it in for just a few minutes in an emergency.

The HD lighter has the rubber on it to help keep water out and you can't find a automotive lighter like that so I would recommend getting the correct lighter. I have used the lighter outlet for charging my cell phone, MP3 player and running my Sirius radio receiver and I never had any problems with overheating.

Back