free website stats program Lost cigarette lighter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost cigarette lighter

I don't smoke so found this little LED flashlight online & it's a great little thing to have plugged-in. You can't have enough flashlights, especially when down @ night on side of the road.

turbo

That is just the ticket!! :cheers

I tried an automotive one and it didn't fit right. I ended up getting the OFFICIAL HD cigarette lighter. I've only used it as a power outlet though.

I use mine to charge everything from my MP3 player to my Tablet, have had no problems.

I have also replaced my lighter with a plastic plug, I have no clue where I got them from?

One day I found a couple in one of my storage bins and they fit perfectly, don't smoke, so no need for the lighter.

The plugs look like the type you find would in the ends of some type of metal tubing, from a clothing rack or such...

Thanks for all the input. I will try to order the OEM part from Harley. I have used the lighter socket as a power port as well with no problems. I usually power my GPS from that port without any issues.

for all of you who don't smoke or need the lighter, there's a OEM plug that fits perfectly and will keep out the moisture - HP part # 91844-97 and it's only a buck or two.

for all of you who don't smoke or need the lighter, there's a OEM plug that fits perfectly and will keep out the moisture - HP part # 91844-97 and it's only a buck or two.

That's the cover I got for my lighter after I lost it somewhere between the Black Hills and Alberta, Canada. I plug my iPhone charger or my TomTom into the cig lighter all the time and have never had a problem.
WAP.gif

I have also replaced my lighter with a plastic plug, I have no clue where I got them from?

I figured out today where I got the plugs from that fit the cigarette lighter socket...The plugs that come in the end of a new set of hanlde bars!

I just got a new set from JP Cycles yesterday, today when I was looking at them I saw the plastic plugs in the end of the bars 1".

Just incase anyone was lookng for some... you may already have them laying around.

Back