free website stats program Liquid Moly Blackstone report BUBBIE | Harley Davidson Forums

Liquid Moly Blackstone report BUBBIE

BUBBIE

This is the report back from Blackstone Using 10w60 Liquid Moly oil... in my 09 FLHR 103' Modified motor.

I run higher compression and SE255 cams. Heads by Don Dorfman...

Bored and Fitted seasoned cylinders by Kirby prodrag1320...

This GOOD oil report shows a motor that has been built properly (I just put it all together)...

Now at 30,000 miles on the new build running here in HOT Az. ,,, well cool now.... LOL...

A good BUBBIE tune using a SE Pro Off-road Tuner... Getting at 45 per gallon no matter how I ride two + Loaded up or single ... It is just Plain Magic...:small3d028:

Not Lean nor Rich...:D

10w60 located here on Amazon for an example:

Amazon.com: Liquid Moly oil

Attachments

• SnapShot.jpg
    SnapShot.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 73
Great report BUBBIE, I wouldn't change a thing. It's good to see when you do things the right way it pays off in a big way.:s

Nice report! Did you run this oil in full AZ. heat? Did you notice any difference in top end noise? How many miles on the oil tested for the report? Inquiring minds you know.....

The Blackstone testing was on the average of 4300 miles on the oil. The comparison to my 103 from other 103's was at that mileage. I doubt 300 miles (another ride) would have made much difference IF they are telling me to go another 2000 miles with the moly, Then Check again.

It does make me feel good that they say Better Than Most good 103's they have checked.:D

A lot can be told about the motor IF BAD or Starting to go Bad, it would have showed up in this oil report.

No Fine metals floating around tells me it is a good build and even with 31,000 miles on that build, it should run strong for quite a while.

One reason it is in good condition, IS THE REDLINE I have used in the motor from new and on the 103" build.

Geezer,

Redline would probably have had Just as good a report as the Moly...
Others have tested it and had Good reports using Red. (HTT forum)

IF I had any Abnormal wear started from using Redline, it would have showed up on This oil report i'm sure...

I changed over only because of the reports from others saying their lifters Quitted down and oil Flow was better on Cooling motor... Seems to work that way.
My motor has always been Quiet so hard to tell.

Bodeen,

The Heat here in Az. was Not FULL but several rides in the 80* 90* range showed the oil pressure UP a little higher than the 20/50... Both at Idle and running speed... The cam-plate by-pass should not allow oil to get much over the 40/45 lbs. when Hot but the moly does creep a Tad higher...
I do believe the 10w60 Moly oil does flow a little more is why...

I know when started in below 50* temps, pressure is there Right now and does show Fluctuation on the oil pressure gauge, seeing the Cam-plate By-Pass working when oil is Cold (good flow)... The 20/50 Kept the gauge steady... (thicker until warmed)

I do like the Golden color, it does stay light colored for a long time. Some oils in Bikes turn Dark at 4,000 but this moly is still light golden and just turning a tad darker than when it was put in...

I really think it is Better than most US oils (German made) or just as good as the Redline....... OR I would not use it a second and or 3rd time.

That report said a lot and besides, I have another 5 liter bottle of Moly to use.
I will run it thru this winter on this oil and not change it out yet...Probably change it out @ 2,000 more miles.

Doubt IF I'll send in another sample on this Fill... Not until next oil change and then put about 5,000/6,000 miles on it first. Then send another sample in.
That should get me into some warmer weather here in Az.

The way I ride, (some-what constantly :D) I may have to do another change (#3) before Hot temps arrive...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie. The only reason I asked about the heat is because in the summer see some pretty high temps as well. I'm like you, I wouldnt do another report on that oil change but another with 5K on it. Nice report Bubbie and thanks for sharing.

So with the results Bubbie has received would the benefit be the same for a stock engine?

Bubbie, I'm sure the Redline oil would have had just as good report. Just yanking your chain! :D

So with the results Bubbie has received would the benefit be the same for a stock engine?

Probably Depends on the stock Build from the factory OR one you did......

IF pistons are Loose and Wearing NO... If the lifters are Not good and Tapping to cause Metal in the oil, NO

The TEST of oil I needed to see is IF it kept the anti wear and motor was running Clean? That shows a good build.

I think ANY GOOD Synthetic Oil I use in that engine would have a good report.

The oil report opposite of what I showed like in some Badly Built bikes, would not have a good oil report.

I do believe Many Good oils would produce the good report. BUT in a bad-wearing engine, it would NOT...

signed....BUBBIE

Back