free website stats program Lifters | Harley Davidson Forums

Lifters

NO, any direction. But if you remove & reuse, it's recommended to note position and put back like they were.

Oil hole doesn't matter; the oil galley to the piston cooling jets will fill either way. Like Breeze3at says, it is good to pay attention and put the lifters back in the same bore they came from but orientation of the oil hole doesn't matter.:)

The manual has lots of instructions that are not necessary to follow.;)

Above post,2&4, are correct. The old shovels had to have the holes facing each other in each block for proper oiling/pump up of the lifters. Evo's changed/TC's change to hole any direction.
tourbox

The TC lifters are akin to chevy lifters, nucks, pans evos u have to be care ful with not so with late Evo and TC engines or the M8

The TC lifters are akin to chevy lifters, nucks, pans evos u have to be care ful with not so with late Evo and TC engines or the M8

The only difference between the GM lifter and the HD lifter is the size of the opening in the piddle valve. HD is .100" and GM is .070".

Just curious if the screamin eagĺe 110 (2010) if the intake lifter should have the oil fill hole facing towards the jug, or if it doesn't matter..? I should have been paying better attention
Grrr lol. This on the front cylinder.

I thank you Tourbox,, and I was hoping you would say that.. maybe your knowledge can educate me some more...I was actually impressed at this point the very light witness marks I have seen so far on the top end parts, including the pushrod ends..at this point I am just at the front cylinder not quite 25000 m. On the 110 .
I have read so many goods/and bad about the stock compensators. That at this point I don't know if my top end noise is the true top assembly's ? My motor is all stock , and probably babied more then most..

Back