free website stats program Lifters | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lifters

Rocker Lockers may be in your future if stock top end noise is eating at you....

Some I have seen are noisy,top end. What oil do you run, and what part of he country are you in? I live is So. Texas so I run 60w year round due to heat. I here some noise at 50K mi.(2012 FLHTCU) but not overly concerned about it at this point.
tourbox

Rocker lockers didn't work for mine but redline oil helped quiet down tremendously.
Thank you Bob.. quite a few years back I had Dyna that I ran red line in the tranny, to see if the shifting would be just a little bit less clunky,, and it did make a diff.
I thought at this point only opening up the front cylinder rocker zone,, that I would see a little more wear and tear then I have..more of polished looks have been on the top end parts versus beat up or sloppy tolerance's
I should see if the lifters are holding up in the bleed down area..I will say of what I could see through a loop that the rollers and needle bearings act nice and smooth and silky.

Some I have seen are noisy,top end. What oil do you run, and what part of he country are you in? I live is So. Texas so I run 60w year round due to heat. I here some noise at 50K mi.(2012 FLHTCU) but not overly concerned about it at this point.
tourbox
The syn 3 20/50 - I am in bloody hot at times redding cali..so maybe I should step the weìght up..
Of all the vids on YT.of top end noise I found one guy whose top end noise sounded the closest to mine, but I think in the comments he said the bike had moochoo miles on it..
Maybe it will let me put the link here..since lol my bike is apart still

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look in an owners manual it will say use 50w or 60w at 80degs or above, if you want to. Like you it is normally at least 80deg. or better here in southern tip of Texas. Summers 100+
tourbox

If you look in an owners manual it will say use 50w or 60w at 80degs or above, if you want to. Like you it is normally at least 80deg. or better here in southern tip of Texas. Summers 100+
tourbox
Yiikes..you are exactly right
Would you recommend a heavier grade of syn 3 ? Or another brand of synthetic?

I'm not a Syn. fan so with that said; I don't know if a heavier grade is made, I'm sure there is. Mobile 1 for V Twins is what is recommended in the S&S new motors. They even ship it with the new motor. How ever it is 20/50w. You may want to check on a 60w Mobile 1(states V Twin on bottle,not the car type) or another brand.
tourbox

I'm not a Syn. fan so with that said; I don't know if a heavier grade is made, I'm sure there is. Mobile 1 for V Twins is what is recommended in the S&S new motors. They even ship it with the new motor. How ever it is 20/50w. You may want to check on a 60w Mobile 1(states V Twin on bottle,not the car type) or another brand.
tourbox
Thank you again Tourbox.. I did some looking around..I see Amsoil makes a 60w. In synthetic, and a number of members seem to have pretty good things to say about it. So I will consider that.

Redline makes a 20W60 synthetic which I have run in south Texas as well as straight weights; works well if synthetic is the choice.;)

Redline makes a 20W60 synthetic which I have run in south Texas as well as straight weights; works well if synthetic is the choice.;)
I thank you as well Dolt..for your info,,,too,,,, since I used Red line tranny fluid in a old Dyna,, and was pleased with it .

Back