free website stats program Leveling Bike For Maintainance | Harley Davidson Forums

Leveling Bike For Maintainance

Shelby6t7

Since I don't have access to a bike stand or jack, can anyone recommend a way I can level my 2002 Fat Boy for fluid changes etc. Getting tired of doing the job while the bike is leaned over on the kick stand?

Thanks

Since I don't have access to a bike stand or jack, can anyone recommend a way I can level my 2002 Fat Boy for fluid changes etc. Getting tired of doing the job while the bike is leaned over on the kick stand?

Thanks

Get yourself a lift. But in the mean time:

What I do is get a couple of pieces of 1x4 scraps and put that under the jiffy stand. That puts MY bikes almost up-right so that they are leaning just a bit - enough so they won't fall over to the right. The Ultra takes one piece of 1x4, and the Dyna takes two stacked.

TQ

You can also block the right side of the bike so that it stands straight. I agree with TQ, get yourself a bike lift. I have several including a hydraulic lift, a scissors lift and a large 2000 lb lift table. If you look at my profile you will see the large hoist.
kemo

Get yourself a lift. But in the mean time:

What I do is get a couple of pieces of 1x4 scraps and put that under the jiffy stand. That puts MY bikes almost up-right so that they are leaning just a bit - enough so they won't fall over to the right. The Ultra takes one piece of 1x4, and the Dyna takes two stacked.

TQ
Get a lift and tie-downs. The only time my scooter has been down is when I was servicing it with a block under the jiffy stand. What a sick feeling, watching your scooter fall away from you, and all you can do is watch. Blessings to HD for engine and saddle-bag guards.

Get a lift and tie-downs.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Thanks

I bought two screw in Eye Rings and two ratchet straps at my local Lowe's store. The Eye Rings were inserted into a 4x4 fence post and the rear porch 4x4. I park the bike between them and attach the ratchet straps. By setting the length of the kickstand side to allow for upright angle, and then adding tension to the other side she stands up level and secure. Nothing to fall off from or worry about moving while I'm working on her. It's been no hassle work for me.

I have a bike lift that I use. I also put jack stands under my forward pegs. It's just extra stability for my FXRS that makes it rock solid while on the lift:s

Back