free website stats program Lesson learned | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lesson learned

Yep, it was 80 here too. I also live in Ohio. Didnt get to ride yesterday but did the day before and hopefully will tomorrow. Hope you burn doesnt hurt to bad today.

Yep, it was 80 here too. I also live in Ohio. Didnt get to ride yesterday but did the day before and hopefully will tomorrow. Hope you burn doesnt hurt to bad today.

I think I lucked out - its still pretty red but it doesn't hurt. I still look and feel a little silly but I'm not in any pain.

Tomorrow is looking pretty good for riding - the 40 mph winds and hit/miss rain today were a bit much...

I did the same thing quite a few years ago in CA when we hit the slopes. Brought everything but the sun screen. Man my face got burnt - ended up sitting in the recliner with a bag of ice on my face for hours b/c it was the only thing that made the pain go away. I think I lost 3-layers of skin off my face that year & it's probably why I've had skin cancer cells show up now. Since then I always remember to have the lotion on before heading out w/the sun in my face.

I use to fret the sun on long hauls, but I now have a 3/4 helmet with a smoked face shield...I can ride all day and all day the next...no problem. And, if you open the face shield one notch, it allows quite a bit of air on your face.

Thorns

Sure there wasn't some wind burn too?! Sounds like a great day -- lots of bikes are out of the garage now. Loving it!

I did the same thing Friday. We rode 285 miles and my face got fried. So Saturday on my 140 mile ride and Sunday on my 80 mile ride you can bet I remembered it. It was well worth it. The bad thing is I keep a bottle of sun screen in the bag on the front of my bike. I will be using it this afternoon on the way home too.

No sunscreen needed here...I was on my way to Bakersfield yesterday and I stopped in Gorman and headed back to Moorpark when it started to pour. It's not supposed to rain here, especially in April. Good thing I have heated handgrips my hands were freezing! Had to have face shield cracked to clear up fogging. rain was dribbling in down the chin. First time riding in the rain. Took it slow, made it home. Bike's a filthy mess. Gonna take 2 cans of Pledge!
WAP.gif

Don't you enjoy a long ride, all lathered up with sunscreen, and it rains like there's no tomorrow, and your shirt is stained yellow with sunscreen!! I also hate that the ear pods won't stay in your ear because of the sunscreen. Some of my best rides were on cloudy days. :)

Thorns

Back