free website stats program Lesson learned | Harley Davidson Forums

Lesson learned

GroundHawg

I had the day off - it was 80 degrees in Ohio today - no clouds in sky - a bit of a breeze but all in all a great day to ride! Pre-ride check list - oil level, checked - trans fluid level, checked - cell phone charged, checked - credit card for gas, checked - basic idea of where I'm going, checked - time to ride!

Headed out about 10:00 - got home around 4:30, I didn't check the mileage when I started but I figure I got in 120-150 miles (several stops along the way). Great day!

What did I forget??? Sun screen... My face can be used as a night light at this point... Its the good kind of sun burn - the reverse raccoon - where your eyes are white because of the sun glasses, and the rest of your face is is red as a beat... Doesn't hurt yet but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Tomorrow the sun screen goes in one of the bags - then I just have to remember to use it...

Sun burn aside, it was a great day - hopefully the first of many!!!

Ouch, been there and I live in Florida you would think I would have learned by now but nooooooo Lol, I know it hurts but think of the great base tan you will have take care, Jack

Thanks for the reminder the wife burns quickly :newsmile055:
I need to replace the sun screen we usually keep in the bags. The greaseless type is much better than the old oily stuff.

Whats going on here? 80 in Ohio? Here I am white as a sheet in Bakersfield and the high is more like 60.

Well, they predict sunshine this weekend, so I will take the opportunity to take a putt on my scoot, but I will be sure to use sunsceen :s

check codes for intermittent crank shaft sensor failure

Opps while it is possible to cause this :newsmile055: red face syndrome...

Crank position sensor pointed so the face is away from the sun and checking for codes (in the shade of course) is probably a better solution! :beach

Tomorrow the sun screen goes in one of the bags - then I just have to remember to use it...
Sun burn aside, it was a great day - hopefully the first of many!!!

I did the same thing last weekend on my first long ride of the year to Florida. I didn't realize it until I was checking out the motel room and looked in the mirror! I even had strap lines on my jaw and neck. My spf 50 was safely in my saddlebag. Jay(son459) was kind enough not to laugh at me when we met. It seems like I do this every year, it must be the excitement of a road trip that makes me forget.

Last edited:
Back