free website stats program LED lights | Harley Davidson Forums

LED lights

All....have any of you changed out your stock rear tail lights for LED's on the trike ? If so,can you see a difference?What were the replacement numbers? Thanks

Go to Ride Time Technologies, Excellent products and a good web page to see their lights.
Craig

Very good advice. I had Ride Time make me 4 sets that would work in my trike's 1937 Ford tail lite housings on my trike and the trike's trailer. The LEDs are red and so is the tail lite lense. Very very bright to say the least. I'll be posting pictures of the results in the "here's my trike build" thread. The other reason I went with Ride Time. Their made in the USA. I detest the idea of having to peal off a "Made in China" sticker from any addition or modification to my builld. If it's not made in the USA,... then I'll make my own.

zoood

Very good advice. I had Ride Time make me 4 sets that would work in my trike's 1937 Ford tail lite housings on my trike and the trike's trailer. The LEDs are red and so is the tail lite lense. Very very bright to say the least. I'll be posting pictures of the results in the "here's my trike build" thread. The other reason I went with Ride Time. Their made in the USA. I detest the idea of having to peal off a "Made in China" sticker from any addition or modification to my builld. If it's not made in the USA,... then I'll make my own.

zoood

A true American....Thank you !!!

" Be American, Buy American"

most standard flasher relays wont work with led systems down forgetto buy an electronic flasher relay to otherwise they wont work

That is correct. I had to also purchase the Badlands Load Equalizer III.

zoood

Zoood,
So true I like buying 'Made in USA' products also.

Trike Lady, welcome to the HDTimeline forum...really caught my eye when I saw you are a Trike Builder...hope to see many posts from you in the future. Zoood does his builds..."--because he can..." I like that...what got you into this part of this very specialized field...?:D

NEWHD74FAN

I have been buidling trikes for 10 years, there were many people who didn't want to give up their passion for riding and I stepped up to provide them with trikes, as no one really wanted to 10 years ago and if you walked into a custom bike shop and asked for a trike you were laughed out the door. I converted the first bike to a trike for a gentleman who purchased a kit and didn't have the skills or tools. He asked me to do it and it turned out very nice. The entire bike was stripped down a painted in Candy Tangerine, it was very pretty and the color was something you wouldn't see a trike painted in. I provide trike conversion services and also installing a Voyager if someone finds a used one. I will certainly share my knowledge with the members.

:D
NEWHD74FAN

I have been buidling trikes for 10 years, there were many people who didn't want to give up their passion for riding and I stepped up to provide them with trikes, as no one really wanted to 10 years ago and if you walked into a custom bike shop and asked for a trike you were laughed out the door. I converted the first bike to a trike for a gentleman who purchased a kit and didn't have the skills or tools. He asked me to do it and it turned out very nice. The entire bike was stripped down a painted in Candy Tangerine, it was very pretty and the color was something you wouldn't see a trike painted in. I provide trike conversion services and also installing a Voyager if someone finds a used one. I will certainly share my knowledge with the members.

Welcome, and VERY glad to have you here, i am sure your knowledge will be needed and appreciated

I was thinking of changing out my rear tail light with a LED cause I can't keep a lamp in it for more than 2500 miles before it's blown. But I like the look of the stock light. Are the LED bulbs that go in a stock socket any good?

Back