free website stats program LED lights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

LED lights

Opps, sorry for hijacking the thread...I like LED tail lights, in particular I like the Küryakyn one mainly because it is one that is in stock at the HD Dealer so I could look at it and know it would be backed up should I have run into any problem. As it was, it was plug and play, running inside of a half hour, and bright too! To make the rear even brighter, I converted my rear turn signals to red projector halogen lamps...so when I hit the brakes 35 Watts additional out of each of those lamps make for a very bright RED warning...I have had guys pull along side and yell that they can really see'em...!

Harley Davidson Motorcycle Driving Lights

Last edited:
Opps, sorry for hijacking the thread...I like LED tail lights, in particular I like the Küryakyn one mainly because it is one that is in stock at the HD Dealer so I could look at it and know it would be backed up should I have run into any problem. As it was, it was plug and play, running inside of a half hour, and bright too! To make the rear even brighter, I converted my rear turn signals to red projector halogen lamps...so when I hit the brakes 35 Watts additional out of each of those lamps make for a very bright RED warning...I have had guys pull along side and yell that they can really see'em...!
Harley Davidson Motorcycle Driving Lights

I think you should have used the mayonnaise jars I have left over for the housing of your rear turn signals. lol

Well you do have a point, the Küryakyn one is $163...the projector Halogens about the same, with no advantage of tasty lunches leading up to the installation either! :rofl

Sorry for the old picture, but those projector lamps are physically small, and nestle under my current studded bags. Don't let their small size deceive you, they are BRIGHT, we are talking Halogen projector lamps, the kind that come with integral reflector and replacement lamp is $14 (never had to replace 'em).

HarleyKat-1.jpg

Last edited:
I just used 1156 and 1157 LEDs from Autozone. They are no brighter than stock, in fact probably a bit dimmer. Turn signals will not work unless you install an 'equalizer' or a couple Radio Shack resistors if you're thrifty and handy. There are much brighter LEDs out there which I'll upgrade to at some point.

Back