free website stats program Kendon trailer question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Kendon trailer question

Well the first thing you would need to do is determine if this "theory" about spindle sag is true.
I would "plumb" the rims with no weight on the trailer and then again under full load. See if the camber angle is in-fact changing due to weight.

As far as I can tell, all spindles on torsion bar setups come with the camber set near "0" degrees (or perfectly vertical) so you have to expect some sag or negative camber when loaded up..

There is not much that can be done if the spindles are sagging from the weight. The limit of the Dual (AA) model is quoted at 2K pounds. I would bet that is GROSS weight which would mean you have to include the trailer itself. Two Road Kings w/ the trailer and your at the limit.

Depends on the spindle configuration, say if they are bolt on spindles you could shim them to correct the camber. You can buy a magnetic camber gauge @ Harbor freight to see where your camber is unloaded and loaded, If you give me the specs I can probably come up with some kind of shim, This is my specialty and I love a challenge, Capital Jack:s

Back