free website stats program K&N RK3930 Air Intake | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N RK3930 Air Intake

Hey - I'd appreciate a pic... I tried the stage 1 AC and didnt like the amount of filter element it exposed. Hopefully, the 3930 kit covers the element better.

Thanks

Jim

Hey John .. you will not have any issues with this air intake change and it will still look stock minus the black rubber seal on the original set up. Will post a pic if you still wanna have a peek though.

Jim,
Sorry unable to take a pix as I dropped the camera last week. Yes its a much better setup , if you just look at the K&N site you will see how it mounts as well as the large backplate.

Hey - I'd appreciate a pic... I tried the stage 1 AC and didnt like the amount of filter element it exposed. Hopefully, the 3930 kit covers the element better.

Thanks

Jim

I'm also interested in the RK-3930 with either the TFI (if that is the Terry unit or PC V) Also I have yet to see one of these filters installed. Any pix? Why I ask is the filter protected from the rain and when I wash the bike?

TIA,
John

I fitted the RK3930 to my Road King classic, it uses the stock cover, installation is easy, I also used the Power Commander V, with 2.5 inch open slip ons, there is a lot of useful power locked away in that engine... :s
The range of maps available for the PCV are good, and being able to adjust so easily by plugging in my laptop is good for me!

bart

Does anyone know how the crankcase breather works on this filter setup? I have this kit on my bike, i like it for the most part. But it seems as though the filter element covers the breather holes right up. It seems with the filter covering these holes up it would take unusually high pressures to beable to vent and thus putting extra stress on engine gaskets and seals.

Thanks,

I am also going with this air cleaner setup. Found it for $158 on Amazon...waiting for it to arrive.

Hi All ... I am looking at the K&N RK3930 Air Intake and was wondering if anyone has a feedback or opinion about it. I am considering to replace my stock air filter with this product coupled with the TFI fuel management system. I have already changed my pipes with V&H Monster Ovals and want to continue my upgrading journey one more step. Your feedback is much appreciated. Cheers!

The K&N filter is a good choice, large filtering surface area and fairly low profile for the touring rider...installation & look seem to be easy and nicely designed.

tn340s3.jpg

http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/RK-3930_inst.pdf

As for TFI, there are many satisfied riders and the beauty is the fueling is simply adjusting some trim controls and your done. No need for fancy software, or complex mapping with trial and error troubleshooting. An discount is provided if you refer to your HDTimeline reference...so everyone wins...! :D

One final thing, you did not state whether you were changing anything in the exhaust system...again the TFI allows you to easily adjust the system when you add the most expensive parts of the Stage I upgrade be it slipons, 2-1 or true duals...you need only adjust the controls and your done! How cool is that? :newsmile075:

Attachments

• RK-3930_inst.pdf
    330.1 KB · Views: 4
I have been reading all the post on Stage 1. I have a stock 09 FLHRC, 600 miles. I haven't decided on exhaust yet but wanted to get the intake and TFI. The 3930 is what I have been looking for since I want to keep the original intake cover. Are there any other choices and will this be the most air-in depending on my exhaust choice later? Thanks to all

I have one along with SE 255 cams,DYNO Jet Fuel controler, and Jack Pot slipons ( 83 hp with 95 torque). The quality is very good and it was easy to install. Expect to hear more intake noise however.

Back