free website stats program K&N RK3930 Air Intake | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N RK3930 Air Intake

rob7711

Hi All ... I am looking at the K&N RK3930 Air Intake and was wondering if anyone has a feedback or opinion about it. I am considering to replace my stock air filter with this product coupled with the TFI fuel management system. I have already changed my pipes with V&H Monster Ovals and want to continue my upgrading journey one more step. Your feedback is much appreciated. Cheers!

Good choice on the intake and TFI. That model will give more leg clearance than the HD stage 1 will and still supply adequate flow because of the large diameter and shape.

Depends on what your looking for. i wanted to keep my air cleaner cover stock because I have the anniv edition with the copper ring. Looks sharp. So I went with the stage 1 air cleaner. Easy install and works great. I also went with the Power Commander for fuel management. I love that unit! Either way you go, you going in the right direction!

Depends on what your looking for. i wanted to keep my air cleaner cover stock because I have the anniv edition with the copper ring. Looks sharp. So I went with the stage 1 air cleaner. Easy install and works great. I also went with the Power Commander for fuel management. I love that unit! Either way you go, you going in the right direction!

The RK3930 uses the stock/OEM cover.

I was keen on this product mainly because I can still keep the air filter cover stock. I ride in a pretty dusty region right now and maybe in the future under tropical wet conditions. My previous experience was with an "open" type air filter where it didn't work too well in a tropical monsoon rain (it sucked air and water too and made the engine choke..).

Anyway thanks for the feedback guys and I shall proceed to make my orders soon. Cheers!

I'm also interested in the RK-3930 with either the TFI (if that is the Terry unit or PC V) Also I have yet to see one of these filters installed. Any pix? Why I ask is the filter protected from the rain and when I wash the bike?

TIA,
John

I was keen on this product mainly because I can still keep the air filter cover stock. I ride in a pretty dusty region right now and maybe in the future under tropical wet conditions. My previous experience was with an "open" type air filter where it didn't work too well in a tropical monsoon rain (it sucked air and water too and made the engine choke..).

Anyway thanks for the feedback guys and I shall proceed to make my orders soon. Cheers!

I'm also interested in the RK-3930 with either the TFI (if that is the Terry unit or PC V) Also I have yet to see one of these filters installed. Any pix? Why I ask is the filter protected from the rain and when I wash the bike?

TIA,
John

John,

The RK-3930 goes inside the stock cover so it won't look any different when installed. Shouldn't have to worry about rain or washing unless you jam a hose directly into the intake.

I though jamming the hose in there was the way to wash the filter (joke)

Thanks for the info, just ordered one.

JOhn

John,

The RK-3930 goes inside the stock cover so it won't look any different when installed. Shouldn't have to worry about rain or washing unless you jam a hose directly into the intake.

Hey John .. you will not have any issues with this air intake change and it will still look stock minus the black rubber seal on the original set up. Will post a pic if you still wanna have a peek though.

No pix necessary as the filter will be delivered here today

Thhanks,
John

Hey John .. you will not have any issues with this air intake change and it will still look stock minus the black rubber seal on the original set up. Will post a pic if you still wanna have a peek though.

Back