free website stats program Just Wondering | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just Wondering

And IF you haven't I'd Check for an Intake leak...
I like the fully adjustable push rods.
Has the upper end been apart and MAYBE The issue IS with the Stacking differences of the New gaskets Making for Better Use of the adjustable issue,,, Just another thought.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie

I do have a question for you. How would adjustables help me any.
Just curious and want to learn.

Thanks Bubbie

I do have a question for you. How would adjustables help me any.
Just curious and want to learn.
To me, HD''s push-rods are kinda like One Size Fits All.. (sloppy)

I had a noise that was in my 2000 FXDS when I first bought it. Knowing I would do cams and Different lifters Then Later do the Big Bore change
I trimmed out the Stock push-rods right away and installed adjustables and the noise was gone after a good adjustment...

I always like to find the sweet spot on My lifter adjustments,, Going a Little More than called for (Just a little) has always worked for me.. YOU can't do that going One size fits all.

I like FEELING for the "0" lash in each lifter and go from there.

Maybe HD and the lifter can do the One Size Fits All but IF I can do it MY WAY,,, Usually I feel better and it Does Sounds better... IF there is a tick or noise later, It usually isn't the adjustment..

Just like Jack says Better Adjustment... Also easier to replace lifters and ?? without taking tank and valve covers off.:D

signed....BUBBIE

edit= I'm going to Play with MY se 255 cams I installed (+-4* gear) and by doing so I don't need to take off the upper stuff.... Covers Doesn't leak so No Need to Make one. Like the adjustable push rods.

Back