free website stats program Just got it Dyno'd what do you think? | Harley Davidson Forums

Just got it Dyno'd what do you think?

DadzLowrider

Just did the BB Stage II 103 kit with 255 cams and the SERT and HD Heavy Breather. TQ is great, but HP seems a bit low. Did the same kit in my 08 Dyna and had lower TQ, but higher HP.

SG-Dyno.jpg

Discounting the actual values, those curves are so smooth they almost look fake. The Actual numbers or Peak values should really be secondary to how smooth and progressive the curve is.
Those curves are picture perfect.

Want higher Peak numbers? That's all they will be are Peaks.
There are SO many variables that make for the peaks...

You have a NICE set-up.

Did you get an A/F ratio?

Discounting the actual values, those curves are so smooth they almost look fake. The Actual numbers or Peak values should really be secondary to how smooth and progressive the curve is.
Those curves are picture perfect.

Want higher Peak numbers? That's all they will be are Peaks.
There are SO many variables that make for the peaks...

You have a NICE set-up.

Did you get an A/F ratio?

I am very happy with the numbers, they did a great job tuning it. Just a bit shocked at the HP. I just spoke to my Indie Mechanic buddy and he said he was told the Throttle by wire bikes make less HP.

I don't have the A/F ratio chart, I called and asked for it and have to go pick it up when I pick up my parts. Want to make sure it is not too lean.

Now that's a stump puller between 2700 and 4000! Hate to be next to you when you crack that throttle.

Ride safe and have fun.

You need to know what your A/F radio is under WOT during those runs. I would bet it is in the mid 13's which is too lean for the conditions. You have a SERT. I would mount the interface and do some WOT recordings. Check to see if knock retard is kicking in. If yes on knock retard, maybe do some enrichment in those cells first before kicking back the timing.

I can't see how Drive by Wire has anything to do with it. Have him explain why that is so. No offense but I would like to hear the reason.

Don't get too wrapped up with H.P. readings. H.P. is a function of RPM and since HD engines are really not RPM engines (redline is 5500) you rarely see quoted HP numbers.

they seem a little down in both parts but you dont say what pipes?

Hoop if you think those curves look fake you wanna see mine smoooth is not the word and power comes in just like it no peaks no sudden slam as the cam rips in this is with red 2-2 shorts plotted over a blue 2-1, the radius pipes on it now still produce the same smooth power as the shorts but feel stronger as there is more pipe to hold the TQ further, but they do come in later than the 2-1, i will be getting a power run shortly with the 2-2 radius pipes
P7130359.jpg

Just running Rinehart slip ons

In all fairness Hobbit, those are some wicked curves.. You must have some strong shoulders & arms from riding that bike.

I was thinking about doing a full system, but I like the way it sounds, my Dyna is so loud and sounds great, so I have a loud one and a not SO loud one. Runs great, pulls hard and certainly adds to the entertainment value.

Torque is where its at...and yours looks good...horesepower numbers are for the metric bikes to fall over themselves...

Back