Just finished my stage 1

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by 173ABN, Sep 30, 2010.

1. 173ABN

173ABN Active Member

Just finished up my stage 1. very very pleased. two months ago put pipes on, last month the TFI, and today the air cleaner followed advise of all the mods and am super pleased and was able to save mucho $$$$ THANKS GUYS:)

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

And to think you did all by yourself, WELL DONE:D:D:D

3. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Good for you.

now get out there and ride :p

4. 173ABN

173ABN Active Member

Cape Coral Bike night this Saturday night, About 50 miles away the right distance to check her out.

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Soooo How does She Run? "super pleased" does not say it. It has to have more kick..:) Pulls stronger?
    I am still stock except for maps/tune. Was wondering what the kick was like.

6. 173ABN

173ABN Active Member

only put about 10 miles on so far but a lot more power on both ends. Infact it kinda caught me off guard with the kick WOW!!!

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Thanks! That's Great to know. I am just waiting for BikeWeek to hear that "Perfect" set of pipes and I am there also.... :)

Glad your Happy with how yours turned out. Enjoy!

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Glad it worked out...basicallly Stage I...A/C, Fueling and Exhaust makes your V-twin breath the way it was originally designed...to extract optimum horsepower for given amount of fuel and air, not a fuel starved stuffed up intake & exhaust operating system. The trick is to get optimum mixture which EFI is capable of, so you have decent fuel mileage 40 mpg should be achievable, cooler running with more power where you need it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  9. 173ABN

173ABN Active Member

Put 100+ miles on yesterday runs a lot stronger, but really noticed how much cooler it runs. very pleased. thanks to all the Mods for the advise.

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Always a nice feeling to self-wrench on the bike & even better when you $ave ca$h to boot. Now it's time to check the MPG's & work on the next UG plan...;)