free website stats program Just finished my stage 1 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just finished my stage 1

Yep now I am going to check what the mileage is and start saving for the next UG. waiting to check the mileage until I start riding normal and stop impressing myself with the quick response

I realize that I am jumping in the middle of this conversation, but would you mind explaining the Stage 1 thing to me? I think it just means that exhaust and air filter have been changed out for better breathing. But on the new bikes, does some computer have to be updated too?
I have a 2010 Ultra Limited that I put V&H slip-ons on, but have factory air filter.
Do I want to just buy a K&N air filter, or buy a Harley Stage 1 kit of some sort?
Sorry for the ingnorance, but this has confused me for years. Thanks!

FLHTK My stage 1 started with D&D slip ons, then the dobeck TFI, and then the HD screamin eagle AC kit with a K&N filter

Do I want to just buy a K&N air filter, or buy a Harley Stage 1 kit of some sort?

Strictly up to you. Each has its pros and cons. Depends too on if you're looking to change the appearance (like the HD Heavy Breather) or you just want better flow to finish up your Stage I.

just checked mpg and I am getting around 38 mpg. thats seems about average for the stage 1

just checked mpg and I am getting around 38 mpg. thats seems about average for the stage 1

Sounds like your very close to optimum...TFI gives you the ability to lean it out a bit more, as it breaks down 3 dimensional design to allow you to do minor tweeks that may either give you better fuel mileage or more power (torque & horse power) rolled into one. PM DobeckTechSupport after reviewing this thread...they should be able to help you optimize your settings...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/tfi_questions_answered_by_dobeck/32398-tfi_adjustment_increase_in_mpg.html

Back