free website stats program Is the HD Security System Worth the Money? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is the HD Security System Worth the Money?

wrightj123

I just bought an 09 SG without HD Security installed. The dealer says they can install it for what the factory would charge.

It this system really needed?

In your opinion is Harley theft that big of a deal or is this just a "nice to have" accessory?

I think it is worth it just in insurance savings,my insurance reduction for having factory security system will pay for it in 2yrs.:bigsmiley24:

I've had it on all my bikes. I think it's worth it just from the standpoint if someone bumps or sits on your bike it will go off.

I just bought an 09 SG without HD Security installed. The dealer says they can install it for what the factory would charge.

In your opinion is Harley theft that big of a deal or is this just a "nice to have" accessory?

Not sure what all is involved in doing that and whether you could do it yourself. When I bought my '03 UC, the security system was there, but it had no siren. That is a plug and play option on at least that year's UC. Hundred bucks for the siren module and plug it in. Instant chirping or a loud and extremely annoying high pitched "whoop" if you forget to disarm before turning the switch. Worth it in my estimation.

TQ

I've had it on all my bikes. I think it's worth it just from the standpoint if someone bumps or sits on your bike it will go off.

I just want to make sure you guys didn't think it was just a gimmic to get more money out of us.

My insurance doesn't give me a discount (Allstate) but you guys have convinced me that I should go ahead and get it.

$300 bucks is worth it in the long run plus the alarm will keep people from messing with my scoot like you say.

Thanks

Good peace of mind and no hassle to use (no button fob). Well worth it.

NZ models have it as standard from '07. I've been thinking about getting the pager add on as my mate saved his old Chev with one of these.

I have put alarms on previous bikes so I could *loose the dogs* if required :)

I put a Talon T-3300ip motorcycle alarm on my RG. Has the battery backup, siren and perimeter warning for less than $200 (including a plug & play wiring harness). Lowered my insurance by $50 a year, so I figure it pays for itself. :newsmile030:

mine originally came with just the standard system, couldn't start it with out the fob but no siren or pager. Last Jan while i was in the bar some steller citizens decided to push it over into a brick wall cut the tires and fuel lines and just create mahem. Since I am not currently in jail you may surmise that i did not find out who did it. In the overall they did 3500.00 damage to a brand new bike. While having the repair done I also had them add the siren and pager package so this doesn't happen again. Is it worth it? No one can say but I can tell you from personal experience that if it scares some one off or alerts me in time to stop most of the damage then the cost has paid for itself many times over. it doesnt take much dameage to far exceed the cost of the addition not to mention the down time of repair.

Back