free website stats program Is My Front End Look O.K. To You . . . | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is My Front End Look O.K. To You . . .

Re: Watch Side Of My Front End Is O.K.

Clarifying what Glider said, the bolts cannot be tight because the lockwasher is still curved, not flat and the clamp looks "twisted".

Thanks for clarifying that, now I understand what I said :lolrolling

Looks like you are missing the felt washer between the speedo & the rotor, which could be what you are seeing. I agree with the others, the second pic does not look like the pinch cap is tight & in the pic of the pinch cap after that you may want to loosen the bolts & try to get the gap more equal on each side. Good luck & before you ride post some more pics of it finished.

Toby

What FELT PIECE Wasn't There When I Took It Apart . . .

Hey Guy

That FELT piece wasn't on my bike when I removed the ol' wheel.

However, I think I'm going to take the whole thing down and trying to
get that SPEEDO & LEFT side much more TIGHTER.

Thanks - 4 - your impute

What do you mean by: PINCH CAR ?

I certainly will post when I get my Harley ALL together GOD willing :bigsmiley23:

Looks like you are missing the felt washer between the speedo & the rotor, which could be what you are seeing. I agree with the others, the second pic does not look like the pinch cap is tight & in the pic of the pinch cap after that you may want to loosen the bolts & try to get the gap more equal on each side. Good luck & before you ride post some more pics of it finished.

Toby

Pinch cap is the piece at the bottom of the fork leg with the two bolts going through it that appears to be loose. It tightens against the axle to secure it.

If you read the tip in post #2, it will solve a lot of problems for you.

Perhaps i am tired or dont have enough exposure to the older bikes but so far i have found that the speedo drive is on the left side and the pinch cap is on the right side and the axle is put in from the right side and the fat end of the axle is on the right side
but that is describing left and right from the riders point of view

Brian

Re: Do You Mean . . .

Hey Trickydoc

When you say; ". . . it looks out of alignment."

Is what you saying is: The Speedometer Isn't ALL The Way Into The Wheel,
Hugging The Brake Disc :wall

Please bring me to school on this ~ I need ALL the help I can get :D

That's what I am saying.

As long as the speedo tab is in the hole & the axle is tight, unless you added a shim in the wrong place, that distance from the speedo to the wheel is going to be where it is. Good luck

Toby

Back