free website stats program Intake Manifold Torque and Tool | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Intake Manifold Torque and Tool

Here is what i used:

11wg0TUjtuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is a Klein 68200 "Ratcheting Box Wrench" with a 1/4" on one end and a 5/16" on the other end. To tighten or loosen, you just flip it over. These are available from Amazon, in sets, with free shipping (see Klein 68221 - 5-piece, or 68222 - 7-piece). The individual wrench is available for $20 or less at various places. Do not get similar, with an offset. They won't fit. Straight wrench is what you need.

With the wrench, I used a 1/4" driver bit: 1/4" hex. With the wrench/bit combo, I was able to slip the bit into the bolt, then slip the wrench over it. It is compact enough to use it on all four bolts, with no problem, using a Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Backing Plate as an alignment tool for the Induction module. Leaving the backing plate on for the tightening of all four bolts. Worked like a champ.

I do recommend the OEM mainflod seals over the after-market ones. The OEM ones are smaller in several dimensions, and allow the flanges to be tightened up to to the jugs completely, where the aftermaket ones do not. A light film of silicone dielectric grease on the seals, before assembly, helps them slip right into place. Easy as pie.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back