free website stats program Intake Manifold Torque and Tool | Harley Davidson Forums

Intake Manifold Torque and Tool

RibEye

I am reworking my induction module. I was able to get it off, but only just. The service manual specifies a torque spec for the intake manifold bolts. How in the world do you tighten to a spec? I can hardly get an allen wrench in there, lined up correctly, at all.

Enjoy,
Rich P

You don't. You get a feel for the torque by taking a torque wrench and turning to the specified torque on something else to get the " feel" for the specified torque. Then you torque the specific part. I hope I explained this where you can understand this. Good luck.

I do exactly like Rubyred said. I set up a bolt/nut/lock washers in a vise and torque to just less than spec. with my T.W. Then I take the tool I will be using, and feel what "just a little more" to move it feels like.

It seems to me that a bit of anti-seize would be a benefit with these bolts going into hot jugs. Any reason why I should not??

Thanks,
Rich P

Harley sells a tool just for what you are doing, look in the maintenance or tools section of the catalog. It kinda looks like a speed wrench with a allen wrench inserted into it. Hope this helps

94063_09_VIEW2_2439d.jpg

That tool is nice...!:bigsmiley12:

Back