free website stats program Insurance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Insurance

Find someone you like to deal with and pay the price. Insurance is predicated on a great number of factors including where you reside. Like the old rule says, you get what you pay for.

i just got insurance through progressive for 650 dollars a year, with good coverage, but i have older bike 1993, so that could be why,

I have Progressive also . You can not get Gieco motorcycle insurance in Michigan . I just pulled up HD web site & checked the insurance section & it put me into a progressive site . I know mine was over a $1000 last time but the bike was brand new . I am getting my renewal notice soon so I will see if it goes up or down . Keep in mind that Progressive give you a discount for being a HOG member .

For a US Service Member try contacting USAA. They have very good rates and will stay with you no matter where in the world you get stationed. They have been my insurance and bank for over 10 years now and no complaints.

Tony

Last year through Assurant $430 for complete coverage 100/300 on a 06 Ultra and liability only on a 83 Goldwing.

This year same coverage for both bikes through Dairyland $244.

I'm lucky to have an independent agent who sells only motorcycle insurance. He's been getting me the best rates for over 25 years.

Got to shop around.
2008 Dyna FatBob
Progressive: 720.00
Safeco: 500.00
Allstate: 340.00
Go figure. All the same FULL coverage.

If you have Auto Owners available you might want to check them out, I saves a lot of money and got better coverage. I had Progressive for my car 500 ded 100/300 coverage and the bike covered for PIP only. The premium was $1200+ a year. My wife had USAA with 250 ded and 50/100 coverage on her car at a rate of 660 a year. We looked at several companies including Gieco, State Farm and others. Auto Owners gave us the best rate, better coverage, a 12 month (not 6 month) fixed rate AND a 10% discount if we paid it annually. Here what we got:

Both cars 500 ded 100/300 coverage plus FULL coverage on the bike. The rate was $1200. Better coverage and a savings of over $600.00

hjt

Back