free website stats program Insurance | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Insurance

i just got insurance through progressive for 650 dollars a year, with good coverage, but i have older bike 1993, so that could be why,

Ouch! Maybe it depends on what State you live in, age and marital status (I'm 39 and married). I have Progressive for my boat, two cars and my scoot. Premium on my old 07 Sporty XL1200C was $210 a year. When I traded up to an 09 Street Glide my premium went up to $370!! I've filed two claims (one on the truck and one on the car) and they were there the next day, cars went immediately to the bodyshop and free loaner car. They went above and beyond my expectations. The only area they are not competitive in is homeowners insurance. Good luck.

I opted to run the risky road.
Basic insurance, I lose everything if I crash.
All that there is would be the liability coverage.

I got tired of being robbed from legal gangsters. If it comes down to it, I suppose I would steal an insurance salemens ride to cover my loss. :D
Should make things about even I wager. :p

I think I am $290.00 a year full coverage.

WI progressive
1996 FB and 07 RG 476 a year just renewed last month
Did you ever look into a 6 month plan?? I know you said you get a lot of snow, but I don't think that stops you :D. Kidding aside, I know some states offer 3 and 6 month policys. I was not sure if you winterize or not..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ugly John, that sounds pretty good. I never even checked with AARP, I a geezer as well. I am paying almost $1000/year for my ultra. As far as I'm concerned Insurance companies rate right up there with attorneys. I guess that's why they're so closely related.

Hey Ugly John, that sounds pretty good. I never even checked with AARP, I a geezer as well. I am paying almost $1000/year for my ultra. As far as I'm concerned Insurance companies rate right up there with attorneys. I guess that's why they're so closely related.

For me the AARP was a pretty good deal. But, they really key off of credit reports, tickets etc..... My brother tried to get insurance through them and he was priced out of range. But, it would be worth a free phone call to check 'em out.
Ugly John

Sounds like you guys are way better off than those of us up here in Canada.

In British Columbia, ICBC (Insurance Corporation of BC) is mandatory for basic liability insurance and if you want fire, theft and collision, you can go through either ICBC or a private insurance company.

For the full meal deal through ICBC it works out to about $2500.00 per year.

Through ICBC (basic liability) and private insurance for the rest, it works out to about $1600.00 per year.

(This is for my 08 Electraglide Classic, riding for 28 years and no claims ever...)

Although its expensive in BC, I hear other provinces are even more expensive. I'm lucky I can still afford to buy beer.

Maybe its time to move south of the 49th.....:D

Ontario ,full coverage $500. Deduct, $1100. yr. No accident, 1 Speeding ticket ( in Michigan in the truck 5mph. over $100.):(

Back